01 July, 2006

A Mere Farm


Cherry Hill was originally a fruit farm that has been owned by the same family since 1924 and operated as a camping resort since 1967. It once rendered the name "A-Mere-Farm". I thought that it was a pretty neat fact. They still sell fruit pies there from their "Pie Pantry" too!

Me and the girls drove there with Grandma on Friday. They really enjoyed it. Alona really loved the Pirate ship, especially the wheel. Bigger kids didn't seem to care much for the presence of her or any other younger child. They came up and turned the wheel the other direction of what she was going. She was determined to hold on while screaming because they were taking away her fun and overpowering her. She kept ahold of the spoke that she was trying to turn while a bigger kid came and turned it the other way, she ended up on the other side of the wheel screaming blood oozing from her mouth. She had lost a piece of skin that connected her lips and gums. After a bit of comfort, she was the one that kept asuring me..."I'm okay, it'll get better!" I felt awful I made her take a picture before cleaning her up, she was a good sport though. She refused to go down the slides, though the water was very shallow, she couldn't be convinced to go down.

Abbi really liked to run off whenever we were trying to do something different. She really enjoys saying "Hello, Helloo." She is really good at talking to strangers, so she would go up to them and continuously greet them. But when it comes to people that we know she couldn't be more silent. Of course she didn't want to eat her lunch at lunch time, so it was about 2:00 before she decided that her corn dog would taste good, two hours after being cooked. The part that she liked most about floating on the tubes probably was the mule. Every time that we would pass under the bridge that had the mule she would say "horse, horse" in her cute little voice. She enjoyed sitting on top of the tube especially next to her sister and holding onto the handles. I think that she will be a good swimmer, she is a water baby! She is really good at kicking in the water and is not afraid.

There was a small jail at the side of the pirates cove Alona really enjoyed hanging from the bars.

Then of course there was me, I should have listened to my own lesson that I gave to my children about sunscreen and worn it so that I didn't get burned by the sun and have owies. I shall suffer the consequences of my actions. Oh boy am I.....
my camera did not do it justice it is actually much more red than it looks, and my front side that was not covered by the swim suit is not pretty either. Probably the shoulders are the worse. Hopefully I will learn! But yay!, did you see my belly much more there than in the Lagoon pictures though the ton of extra weight (20 lbs. already) that I have gained might have something to do with that. Kacen will come out addicted to sugar if I don't mend my ways!

3 comments:

Paul said...

I so wished I could have been there, all day long at work I was thinking about it and calling Ruth's cell phone frantically trying to atleast talk to you. I bet those boys are sure glad I wasn't there, I would have thrown them overboard face first. nobody hurts my girls, NOBODY!

CrunchyChick said...

Whoo! Protective father! Good for you! :)

I love the pictures! And you're belly isnt as big as you think it is. You're just used to being your tiny self. :)

I like that you guys get to have so much fun this summer! It's also fun to hear about how different Alona nd Abbi are from each other.

Bagley Briefs said...

Owee, owee, owee! I'm sorry I didn't help you slather on the sunscreen!

I had a wonderful time with you and the girls and appreciate that you travelled so far to spend some time in the water with me!

It never ceases to amaze me how tough Alona is when she gets hurt. I feel like she reassures and comforts me when I'm feeling bad about her ouchies. She always tells me "I'm alright" with the cutest little lilt in her voice.

Alona and Abbigail are soooo differnt and being in and around water reinforces thier differences. They each had fun and their approach to the fun was very different.

Thanks for the opportunities.

Thanks for sharing the photos.

Thanks for the memories!

Love you!