26 July, 2006

Growing Together

Wow it has been five years today since me and Paul were married. It does but it doesn't seem like it. Each day seems to go by slow but then when I look back at it, I wonder where it has all gone. So we weren't able to celebrate today because Paul has work and school. But atleast I was able to see him, though while driving he went off about how stupid this driver was in front of us and my emotional who knows what kicked in and I just started bawling. Maybe because he was being negative, I don't know. He came home and Abbi was still awake, because I had been wrapping a present. I got him a tie rack. He said that he liked it when he opened it, I hope that he does. I know that he will have great use for it. Now his ties won't get wrinkled, they aren't doing so good. I'll have to iron them and put them up. We are hoping to go hiking on one of the trails in Ogden canyon on Saturday, having ice cream and either lunch or dinner, now the tough part ...finding a babysitter.
Our life:
We have been together for seven years. Since I was fifteen and he was a month away from eighteen. He was talking about marriage less than three months after being with me. I remember bugging Laura, she had told me that Paul had gotten me a surprise and was going to give it to me at the Harvest Dance. We went to a Harvest Dance and close to midnight he proposed, saying that he would wait as long as it would take. It took only about a year and nine months after that until we were married.
I kept asking people if he was there yet. I was an hour early to the church and he didn't show up until about five minutes before it started. I did have second thoughts...like I am only seventeen what am I doing??, I even asked Michael if we could turn around, he was silent. I am glad that I got married though.
We have made three beautiful children(I am hoping that the third one is, of course to his mother he will be right!?!) in our five years of marriage.
Our first kiss was in the alley at Vae View Elem. he was afraid to kiss me it was cute.
Our first "Date" was a movie "Big Daddy", I think, at the Layton Hills theatres. I remember that I had to wait for his mother to drop him off. We had a great time. He had a great laugh.
Our First vacation...Well if you consider a honeymoon a vacation, we went to Bear Lake. Ifeel like I ruined it. I wouldn't go out into the water with him. I was a scaredy cat, and no fun! I even made us come home a day earlier than we had planned.
If you don't consider a honeymoon a vacation then it would be Disneyworld. We may have been with more than twenty members of my extended family, but it was still fun and memorable. We were the only married couple that couldn't join everyone for a night on the town because I was too young. We went to many sites, Universal studios and the park right next to it and all of the Kingdoms. We missed going to Sea World because we didn't have an alarm clock and no one woke us up on time to go with them so they left without us.
The first time he said I love You...its weird I remember the first time that he said it but not when I did. He was walking me home not long after we were going out and he said it as he was leaving and I didn't say anything back.
How I think that I have changed: Well when we first got married I didn't cook a lot because I was at work half of the time at night during our first 8-9 mos of marriage. I definetly cook more, but he does not get to enjoy it being that he doesn't get to eat it until the next day and he doesn't eat left-overs very often.
I think that I am more aware of him, we got pregnant six months after being married, and I did not have a great sense of humor it was more of a put down I would say mean things to him when I was pregnant with our first. I was immature, I am so glad that I took it upon myself to change. Now I say things like..."Look your little boy is kicking me." I love him and he is a great father and husband!
Well definetly PHYSICALLY...I mean in my wedding dress I was a size three in juniors now I am a twelve in Juniors 4/5 in womans. Not just the being married part, its the having three kids part and eating a lot because the kids stres me out at times.
I know now that we are different, hard for either of us to get used to at first. When one of us would be upset we would want to comfort the other. But Paul likes to be touched, hugged, etc. When I am upset, I like to be reassured that I am loved and comforted with words first before someone comes up and hugs me.
What I enjoy about Paul:
  • He has never put me down. No matter how ornery or mean that I am to him.
  • He provides for me and the children. He has been a real strength with this. Even though I worry about when he doesn't go to work and him being late all the time. We never have to worry there is enough there for everything that we need. Not only financially, but whenever he can emotionally, spuritually and any other means of providing he is there for us.
  • He loves unconditionally, I have done some things that I would consider horrible. But he just takes a breather and seems to not even look back at my mistakes.
  • I am sure that there are many more, I am having memory lapses at the moment though.
Me and the girls were able to celebrate a little, with Roo's Sundaes. Alona got a Winnie the Pooh cookbook from Marta and Kelly and has been wanting to make the Sundaes. So we did..with vanilla ice cream, nuts, m&m's, hot fudge and bananas! They both didn't eat very much. Abbi went right for the candy. The picture of the window...well, um this is the window that Alona went through after we got home from Paul's work. The key that Paul gave us to get into the house fit alright into the hole but would not turn, lets just say that I am very lucky that I left the window open and very glad no one else used it to get in.














3 comments:

CrunchyChick said...

You have most definitely made beautiful children! And I'm sure Kacen will be just as beautful, or handsome. Whichever you prefer. :) You and Paul work so well together and I'm glad to know that even after five years, you both still get along so well!

Paul said...

This is where I try to respond without writing a blog sized reply inside your blog. So I will say that there never has been anything I wouldn't forgive you for, there never will be, I forgive the ones I love for any or all mistakes or sins whichever you may call it. I try to be there for my family as much as I can however I don't leav emyself out either. I truly enjoyed our great times together that are now mere memories. I just wish I could have followed the example you tried to set for me earlier on. I do not complain about you because I don't ever see anything to complain about, you have always done all that I expect of you and you don't even have to try, thats because true love comes naturally. I will add more in my own blog posting but for now just know that I love you, I always have, & I always will.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!