17 July, 2006

Who knew you were suppose to read the labels

Who knew that you needed to read them?? Okay so I am not the smartest cookie, I didn't think there would be that much to it. I applied the sunscreen on both girls on Saturday when we went swimming and some on myself. We left the aquatic center after more than three hours of swimming(sitting and splashing in 6 inches of water). When we got home and were out of the sun the girls looked like raccoons, they had gotten burned under their eyes, a little on the forehead and shoulders. Of course I was burnt to a crisp. Paul asked me what sunscreen I had used I swore that I thought it was waterproof. Looking at the bottle it said Waterbabies...It so should have worked I thought this darn thing must have expired, does sunscreen expire. Who knows maybe not. I read further down on the back where it says "Directions"!

"to maintain effective sunburn protection for 80 minutes in water.... Apply liberally to all exposed areas prior to sun exposure and reapply after prolonged swimming" Okay so after 80 minutes I was suppose to reapply oops so sunscreen doesn't last all day like I thought. Now I know better, read all labels before use!!

1 comment:

CrunchyChick said...

Ouchies! That doesn't sound like it was fun. Now you know for next time, tho! I bet aloe vera is your best friend right now.