19 July, 2006

Single Night

Tonight I felt like a single woman. It was so wonderful, not to be without a husband but to get away to be "myself" and not just a mother. I am so grateful to Ruth for watching both girls and being there for me in every way, I don't know how to repay her. I was going to go to the Bountiful Temple and drop off the girls at her work just for an hour or so. Of course with the luck that I am having lately it didn't turn out that way. It said..."Closed until August 1st".

I was able to go to the Ogden temple and do 15 out of the about ninety names that I had available to do. I was quite surprised that I went under the water with ease being 6 mos pregnant. I was glad that I got to experience that again. I remember going there as a young teenager with the Young Womens group. It is definetly a different but good experience each time that you go.

I drove Ruths car to the temple and while getting in I had inserted the key and thought that I had turned it on and so put the car into reverse. Then it would not go. I continuously tried to start the car again and thought that the battery must have died, the lights were on and every time that I attempted to turn it over the went out and nothing worked. After about five minutes of quietly panicking I looked at the console with the "shifter"(she has an automatic) It said reverse, so I put it into park and the car started right up. I am such a cluts, I have been driving manuals for so long that I don't know how an automatic works that sounds so silly!

Right on a corner of 21st street in Ogden less than a 1/4 a mile where I was, was "Farr better Ice Cream"! I was able to go in, and was in luck! An ice cream cone for less than two dollars! I only had two dollars in cash on me so I thought, I couldn't seem to find my debit card. MMM I got a scoop of the burnt almond fudge, It was to die for. I only took less than five minutes, I was in a hurry to get back to the girls. I remember going to the Farr Ice Cream shop when I was a child with my dad, Great times!
Yay I found a pic of the store, a picture of the inside of the shop with people that I don't know. But its a picture!

Even Driving back I felt so relieved, I had had over two hours without my children, not much stress. No why's, or "No"! I was so extremly calm. It was so "WONDERFUL!" I am so very grateful to Ruth I don't think that I am able to truly express how grateful that I am.

1 comment:

Bagley Briefs said...

It's fun to be able to go and have some solo time to refill your cup. Thanks for letting me help. :) The beautifully peaceful temple is truly one of the best places to spend time. It is so serene and the people are so friendly and helpful. I'm glad you were able to go.

While you were having trouble with an automatic I was desperately trying not to look like a new driver. When I drove my Prelude, with manual transmission, I was soooo good at smooth starts and stops. Herky jerky is what I'd call our Wednesday evening rides! At least we don't have whiplash!

Grandpa Blakeley and Grandma Dee were so happy for our little visit. Alona took Grandma Dee to the basement to explore and of course Abbigail gladly followed. Right before they went exploring, I was sitting on the sofa next to my Daddy and Abbi was sitting on my lap. Dad reached over, with his very soft hands, and gave Abbi a gentle love pat and said Hi!

She cried!

I hugged her and kissed her forehead and told her Grandpa was saying 'hello' and then picked up my Dad's hand and kissed it. She just looked at him with veiled nervousness! It made us smile.

I also assuered my Dad it wasn't personal - that Abbi takes a minute or two to warm up to Val, too.

I wasn't too successful in getting Alona and Abbigail to eat much of their dinner but I sure did enjoy my time with them.

Thanks again for lettting us swap scenarios!

Love you bunches.