28 July, 2006

Little Sister

What a great time. Christopher my youngest brother came to visit from about four thirty yesterday until about three today. Of course he hasn't changed much, still about as indecisive as when I lived with him when he was five, but he is much better at communicating. We had fun? Who knows if he did, but I tried to make it fun. The girls warmed right up to him. Alona was climbing and hanging all over him the moment that my great aunt and uncle left. And Abbi would go up and hit him and run away laughing and go back and do it again. By the end of the night she was much nicer, she walked right up to him and sat in his lap.
He took us out to dinner for mexican, we tried the mexican restaurant in Magna called Habanero's. Chris got a fajita that looked delicious. I had a number two, it had a Chile verde, a taco and a quesidilla, the sauce tasted a little much like tomatoes, but overall it was good. I ordered the girls tacos. Abbi just wanted the chips, she kept dipping the same chip over and over into the runny salsa, nope it wasn't hot at all. Alona wanted a soft taco, so that's what we got her. But it was touching the refried beans that were on her plate, so she was freaking out. Abbi started to throw a fit about half-way through eating and wanted to get down and run around. Chris was like, So we should probably go soon then. He was very understanding.
Alona ended up having a peanut butter and jelly sandwich when we got home, and Abbi really enjoyed her peaches and crackers. We drove to Liberty Park, that is a fantastic park. They had a lot of geese and some ducks too. They weren't afraid of people at all. Even though we didn't have bread to feed them they still came right up to us. Then we went in search of the gully's. And we found them, a real shallow area where you can play in the water, wading for adults or practically swimming for a 2 1/2 foot little girl. We there at eight o'clock at night, So glad that we were not there at the heat oft he day. It felt really good just to get our legs wet. Alona's shorts got wet, it was 85 degrees and she was saying I'm cold, I'm cold. There was this rock that Alona enjoyed climbing on and Abbi attempted it to, I asked Alona are you king of the world. And then she said, I'm King of the rock!!
I kept trying to take pictures of me and Chris, so that I could have one and I wanted it to be good. So I took one and my eyes were partially shut, I took another and my eyes were open so wide, and then the third one looked okay. May not sound funny, but I was just crackin up and I got him laughing too! It was great. I am so horrible at pictures. On the way back to the house from somewhere, he commented that I was his little sister. I am still older, but yep I am the shortest out of all of my siblings. I am a little sister to my 16 year old brother.

The tracy aviary is there too. That would be fun to go there when it is open.
Alona woke up this morning and went to go to the bathroom, when she was going over to dry her hands she touched the curling iron that I had finished with just minutes before, a squeal none the likes that I heard come out of her before. Here is a picture of her with her hand on the ice pack. Chris enjoyed playing video games when he woke up then had to give up the television for the girls to watch a movie while their grandma watched them. I had a Doctor's appt. to go to. After lunch at wendy's he was able to have Paul play with him. I bet they both enjoyed that, Paul doesn't ever get to play especially not with anyone. And who knows with Chris, I just hope he had fun. I really enjoyed having him here.

2 comments:

CrunchyChick said...

That sounded like a fun day with your brother! I know I say it every post, but I mean it: Your girls are getting so big!

Paul said...

I am glad you had time to visit with him and that, Chris and I were able to enjoy some brotherly fun time too :) he should visit more often.