28 June, 2006

Painting Frenzie


Grandma Ruthie came over tonight after she got off of work and brought brought what seemed like christmas. There were many shirts to paint, stencils, sponges, markers and a whole lot more. It was the funnest thing painting shirts with the girls. First the adults cut out designs with the sponges, then the girls got to do their shirts first.
Abbi didn't want me to put the sponge in the paint, she wanted to put her fingers there. She did real well at pushing down on the first couple of sponges on her shirt and then she played in the paint, pulled down everything in front of her onto the floor, then stuck her fingers in her mouth, num. Abbi was aimlessly wandering around after being put out of her chair and so I decided that I would let her help some more. I put some paint on a plastic plate a mushed her feet around in it, She kept saying "eew, eew" it was so cute and now I have little Abbi prints on my shirt. Abbi pulled down the wax paper that had the paint for daddy's shirt, and the sponge that was being used landed right on her cheek. She had a shining star on her cheek. She also ended up with blue paint in her right nostril.

Alona picked which stars that she wanted she had a few of the one that Grandma cut out and then wanted the small one too. Alona wanted to do her handprints, but not on the front, on the back so the back of her shirt has yellow handprints all over. She did an awesome job and helped a lot with dads shirt when she was finished with hers. She got to push on the sponges after dipping them in paint, she made a flag, hearts, stars, a moon and after seeing me put Abbi's feet prints on my shirt she had to do that to, but to dad's. When Paul got home he knew right away that they were Alona's! Alona seemed to get paint up her nose even though when looking at her there was no sign of it.

After the shirts were finished we went outside for a little while where Alona was under the impression that she was a puppy dog! So a stick was thrown and guess where it went?? right into her mouth, yep I have a picture but I thought that it would be a little demeaning to post that one online. So here is a picture of her when they were counting cereal. Then they would shove it into grandmas pocket and eat it later on.

So here are the girls' shirts Alona's is the one with the red heart at the bottom and the little red star at the top. Abbi did the squares on hers, she was good at those, they were easy to pick up and push down.

3 comments:

CrunchyChick said...

Oh! I miss Independence Day Festivities at the Bagley house!

I loved making festive shirts for the holiday!

It looks like you guys had a ton of fun. I'm super happy that you posted about it. The pictures reminded me just how much I loved doing that.

It's funny what you take for granted. Can you hug Ruthie for me?

Bagley Briefs said...

4th of July T-shirts and Christmas Sweatshirts... we had so much fun each year, then our children became teenagers and that type stuff wasn't cool or a priority. Thank goodness for grandchildren (and they are grand!). We get to revive family traditions and create more fun memories.

It was so much fun, thanks for letting me create such a mess at your house!

I'm still finding specks of paint on various areas of my arms - I must not be proficient at the washcloth when showering! ;)

Love you bunches and more!

Paul said...

Hurray, I wish I could have been there. I am sad that I missed it, but glad you girls had fun.

I love you all