03 June, 2006

I'm Married?!


Yep, thats what they said. Instead of saying that we are sealed, we are now married in the temple for time and eternity. It truly was a great day! Alona and Abbi were as good as to be expected or maybe better. They were good where it counted, during the sealing. Alona before hand did not want to get dressed and especially did not want her hair done. After having walked in the doors at about 3:20 and out of breath, the temple worker at the desk asks me to breathe and calm down. I told him that we ran there with our two little girls(from our car of course not our house) and that we were late. He calmly assures me that I could not be late and I need not worry for they will not start without me. We were supposed to be there by 3:05.

I was so happy today and yesterday. Yesterday It was so great to look across the rooms of the temple and see Paul there. This is something that I can now share with him. And today, I got to be with him almost the whole time, well except for when we were changing. The sealing was great there were plenty of people there to support us. Our old Bishop was there and his wife, our new bishop and a few members of our ward. My Grandma came, two sets of my aunts and uncles, Both sets of Paul's parents Marta and Ruth helped out a lot with the girls, and two of Paul's aunts: Melanie and Jane and their husbands. His Grandma Bagley was there and my great aunt and uncle and the biggest surprise for me was my brother Christopher coming up from behind me after leaving the temple doors. I was not expecting him, it was truly a great surprise! He wants to come down here and be with ME for his 16th birthday? Wow what have I done to deserve a great brother.

The girls were in the temple nursery (Youth Center). It looked really fun, there were videos and coloring, lots of toys a kids table and play house. They had a great time and didn't cry any of the times that we had to leave them. They were really cute in their white dresses. And Abbi had these saltine crackers that she did not want to let go of...so now they are holy crackers.

I held my brother's hand in one of mine and Paul's in the other. I have two good lookin guys here, I commented. We got some good pictures outside before the girls gave out and really didn't want to take any more. Everyone waited so patiently for us with the pictures and getting changed and everything. We all met at Chuck-A-Rama definetly not Paul's choice, it usually makes him sick although he seemed to enjoy the chocolate milk. Abbi fell asleep on the way to eat dinner, maybe that is why she was so hyped up and wanted to run around everywhere she didn't want to eat. Alona did really well she ate almost all of her food and had desert too and then she got down and played with Kaden and posed for pictures with him too, they were so adorable. Joey had brought Kaden to eat with all of us, and his birthday is tomorrow so they brought out a cake and sang happy birthday to him. They children might have enjoyed that one more than Joey?

I am so happy to have gone through today and to have been able to share this with Paul, our children and all of the other guests that shared it with us. And all of you that get to read it.
And for the first time it wasn't just little butterfly feeling or little kicks that only I can feel. Our little baby kicked while I was talking to my brother at dinner, I felt it quite distinctively and saw my shirt move, it was great.

Then on the way home Alona fell asleep and Abbi was wide eyed the whole time.They took their turns being wiped out.

3 comments:

Paul said...

I am just so happy, though I cannot express it. I have felt like a wilted rose since my 3 day weekend started and I lack the physical ability to outwardly express my emotion. The days were thoroughly enjoyed, I guarantee you that! now only if my health were up to par... :(
Emily is right though, there is no greater blessing!

CrunchyChick said...

So happy for you! And I love the part about Abbi's holy crackers!

Bagley Briefs said...

It's true what they say.... A picture's worth a thousand words.

And if a pictures worth a thousand words....your forever family is worth a million blessings.

I'm so happy we could share these special times with you.

Thanks Heather for all you do to bless the lives of the Bagley family!

We love you all.