01 June, 2006

Kicking and Screaming


Ice cream, White Mustache and All!
Abbi said cheese just fine for me and listened when I asked her to stand by
her sister. Alona would stop between licks and bites to utter "cheese" as well.

Well today I attempted to take Abbi and Alona to get Abbi some white shoes to go to the temple in. We went to payless and of course they didn't have her size. Then we went to the new sears grand right next to wal-mart. There was this really cute play house that of course I was oblivious to, but not Alona she was commanding me to go that way when I was going another way. I told her to come with me, and when I saw why she was so enthused to go the other way I told her that we could go and play if she was good the rest of the time. While looking at the shoes Abbi starts kicking Alona, Alona of course likes to stand right next to her feet and push the cart so this is inevitable. But then Alona starts hitting Abbi's legs after I ask her to move away from her sister. After this episode I put her into the cart. Alona starts grabbing and hurting her sisters hands because Abbi turns around and holds onto the back of the seat. I repeatedly pull Alonas hands away and she decides not to be nice to me either. I tell her that we are going home. She of course did not take that very well. She is in screaming hysterics when I pull her out of the cart and have to carry her, Abbi and the bag out of the store..because Alona refuses to walk! So kicking and screaming I drag her out of the store, she exclaims that it hurts (of course it hurts her not that it was meant that way, I am holding onto two girls one in each hand as tightly as to not drop either of them.) So Alona decides to walk when given the option again.

The rest of the day went a little better, although Alona refused to take a nap for atleast an hour after getting home. I let her watch a cartoon while I fixed dinner and of course Abbi wanted to follow me around and help. Then we turned on music and they played with blocks. They ate their chicken fried steak quite well and we actually found someone to watch the girls tomorrow while I go to the Temple with Paul for his first time. Oh man are people busy!...there are graduations that people are going to, dates that couples are going on, jobs, people that are just going out of town or childrens parties for the last day of school that their parents are throwing them. I was lucky to find someone!

We visited with our neighbor that is going to watch the girls and then we came home and had orangesicles and fudgesicles! Abbi did great, she actually held it at the stick instead of at the middle like she loves to do with popsicles. And then when I told Alona that we didn't have popsicles and I asked her if she wanted a fudgesicle or an orangesicle " I want the chololate one!" she says. She really enjoyed it. And then they had baths, prayers scriptures and bed. Abbi did not want to be put down while getting ready for bed she was so cute. If I tried to put her down she would just stand there reaching up at me. She screamed at first when I laid her down and that a few seconds later she was out.

1 comment:

Paul said...

you can tell, our girls struggle to get along, but one things for sure, they both really love their mommy!

Hooray!