09 June, 2006

Glimpse Inside



So today was my twenty week ultrasound appointment. It went really great. I got to see the baby put its fingers up to its face and rub its eyes and kick even though I couldn't feel the slight movements that the baby made. Paul really enjoyed the attempt to suck the thumb, the fingers didn't quite make it to the mouth. It wasn't scrunched up at all, there was plenty of room to be sprawled out and not curled up. The heart beat was normal 151 beats per minute. The baby is approximately 13 oz. so far (3 oz. off of a pound) and is set to be due around the end of October though with its growth this ultrasound says the 23rd, but my others said the 29th. Paul was really joyous I guess I would say to be there and of course when we got home, Alona's convictions still stand when asked whether she is having a brother or sister "I'm having a brother".

1 comment:

CrunchyChick said...

Cute baby! All tiny and stuff! Did you find out if you're having a boy or a girl yet? Or are you not finding out?

I asked some five year olds today what they thought I might be having. The predominant answer was boy. One went so far as to say "You're having a boy and I think you should name him Jason." Who knows?