20 October, 2008

We sold our van!

Our 1993 Plymouth Grand Voyager was sold on Friday! We had three calls, two of them show up and the second one bought it on the spot. They were just happy that it was a vehicle that ran! I told them about how it died, they just asked if it started up again after it died and were pleased that it did. They didn't seem phased at all when I told them about it needing new wiring and a new hub. I felt proud of myself I remembered to fill out the title, give them the bill of sale and clean out the van. But then of course after Paul gets home he helps me to realize the things that I have forgotten. I ended up not taking our license plates off of the vehicle and leaving some of our things in the pull out drawer under the front passenger seat. I got a hold of them yesterday and she didn't seem all too interested in bringing our things back and coming to get the extra key from us that Paul had had while they were purchasing the vehicle, they seemed real busy. I hope for our sanity that they bring the things back. There is an uneasy feeling knowing that if they get pulled over with our plates still on the vehicle that we would be liable.
It was so nice that we sold the van. I was able to purchase gas to go to Alona's last soccer game. We will be able to pay the ticket that Paul got, he was driving to work and his speedometer said that he was going 40 while passing someone where the speed limit was 35 and a police officer pulled him over saying that he was going 54. We both think the officers radar gun was broken, but of course can't prove it so we will be paying the 85 dollar ticket. On Saturday night I found a changing table and a shelf for really cheap and went to get them first thing this morning. It will be a welcome change having one place for everything to change the children who aren't potty trained yet! The shelf looks like it is only made of plywood, but it is nice to have all that vertical space to put the bigger toys. I was able put money toward Christmas, I bought Paul two gifts and he got the same amount to get me something. While at target getting gifts I found Kacen a spiderman bat and ball and a football and then a tonka fire truck at Wal-mart while grocery shopping. I also found a wagon with alphabet blocks and a opposites matching game on craigslist and went to pick them up, the first will be for Kacen for Christmas and the second for Abbi. We will be able to get some car parts, an air filter oil and oil filter. Before going out the door to go grocery shopping I looked on craigslist and found a double jogging stroller for thirty five dollars. I went there first, it was really nice, just had some trouble folding down. These babies retail for 200 to 300 dollars and usually sell for half that used. I was ecstatic, I get there and after looking at it go to pay her and neither of us have the exact change so I ended up getting it for 30 dollars! What a deal!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are quite the thrifty shopper - I admire that!!

Anonymous said...

that's wonderful news!

Mandy said...

HOORAY FOR YOU!!! :) And I'm excited that you sold the van! :)