11 October, 2008

phone pictures from get-away

My children played at their cousin's grandma's house. There was a cover to a hot tub, they pulled it down and placed it from the edge of the hot tub to the ground and had a blast sliding down! There was also a barbie jeep that 2-3 children could fit in. They took turns driving it and had so much fun, even with all of their collisions. Man, their insurance would be through the roof if they were driving all ready. Inside of the house there was a black and decker tool table, the saw and the drill made real noises and moved like the real tools would. Kacen loved this, he found pieces of paper and put them under the drill and put holes in them. :)

Abbi loves playing with Gabe. He is her cousin that is just three months younger than she is and they have so fun playing and being co-conspirators. Alona loves to play with Legand and enjoyed playing video games,cars and other things with him while they were together. Today we played pin the tale on the donkey with them, it was fun. Kacen was the only one that I did not require to wear a blind fold. I told him to put it on the donkey's tale and the first time he put it under the head and the second try that he got he put it on the back foot.
While we were gone Alona lost her first tooth! I was reading to her and then the next thing that I knew her moth was bleeding and her tooth was missing. I thought that she had swallowed it, she told me that she thought it had fallen out. So I moved the couches and lo and behold a little baby tooth had fallen in between the couches. The tooth never wiggled, was never loose, it just fell out. Now her second tooth is getting ready to come out, and it wiggles, it wobbles, its stubborn, we KNOW its getting ready to come out. There is a picture of her with her first missing tooth. Her big tooth is already half way up and she still has fun playing with that hole thats not quite filled in all the way. She screams every time I ask her to move her loose tooth or when Mommy wants to move her tooth.
We went to a few of my nephews football games while we were down there. One of the games was in Kaysville. They had a real nice duck park. We had brought some animal crackers to snack on and the children wanted to feed something to the ducks. So they thought the crackers would be a good idea. And the ducks did, they ate both ziploc bags full of crackers and tolerated two young boys saturating them with gatorade. What nice and tolerant ducks.
We were at Val and Ruth's quite a few times while we were down there and one time we were chasing a grasshopper. He let me capture him on camera before hopping away exuberantly. I thought that these were good pictures. My children love bugs, insects and animals. They wanted to take him home in the car. Along the same lines we were looking through my grandparents garden and we found some snails. My grandmother let Alona bring the snail in and put it in a quart jar. The snail climbed the inside wall of the jar and ventured to the outer glass. Alona before we left asked if we could bring the snail home, I told her that Mom didn't want the snail wandering all over the van leaving a slimy trail behind him. She did not understand and kept on persisting. I do believe that she even named the snail, Slimy.

Before we left Kacen came up to me with a peach, her had also fond a toy saw and was saying, "Mom I cut, I cut the peach." He stood there, the peach in one hand, the saw in the other making saw noises in his own little voice as he cut this peach of which he proceeded to take a great big juicy bite.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

How fun. :) Your kids are super cute!!!