27 October, 2008

On to brighter things

Alona tells her OWN jokes now...

Why did the monkey cross the monkey bars?
(answer will be at end of post)

We went to Maceys and got free donuts.
I, for some strange reason am craving protein while pregnant with this child. My "normal" delicious vegetables that I love don't sound so nummy any more. My Chinese that I love so much makes me want to puke just thinking about it. I was gone during dinner prep hours, waiting for Paul at instacare and then getting his medicine. I made the kids quesidillas when I got home, but that sounded repulsive to me, so after they were asleep I went to wendy's! I got more than I could eat but ate half of a thing of chili and a grilled chicken, mmm. Even though Paul was sick, I was glad that he was home so that I could go get something that was appeasing to me.
The girls help fold laundry, the other day they both helped. It went by so fast! I love my little girls. They have been helping mommy fold clothes since they were two and are so good at it. No need to unfold and re-fold their clothes they're awesome!
Abbi learned how to spell her name today! We have been going over it for forever, and in the car before we were leaving instacare, she says, "Mommy, I know how to spell my name." "A-b-b-i, A-b-b-i, Abbi!" I'm so proud of her!

Kacen put on his own shoes today, for the first time! I was getting dressed and had gotten Kacen dressed first, all except for the shoes. I came out and he had put his sandals on his feet!

When I was terribly sick last Thursday, our home teacher called, knew that I was sick and brought dinner by. What a blessing to finally have people around me showing that they care and helping when they are truly needed.
I have a wonderful neighbor who is cleaning out her baby things and said that I could come and look through her things. So wonderful to have her as a neighbor.
When I was really feeling down today, I was able to talk to Marta. She wasn't feeling well and had a sore throat. So thankful for computers for that reason, I was able to get her care and insight through her written word. Thank you for being so wonderful.
answer to the joke:
to get to the other slide!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

If you aren't feeling well (and it looks like your hubby isn't either!) please call. The kids are welcome to come and play or we can bring food or something! :) We'd love to help out. :)

Hope you are feeling better! :) It was great to see you last night! Everyone looked so cute!

Paul said...

I didn't know about the vegetables thing.... I guess I need to read more often :)

I love you!