02 August, 2006

Pouring Rain

Yesterday at about 10:oo a.m. is when the storm hit us. Alona went to go look outside and told me that it was raining at about 9:30, then at ten o'clock I could hear it. I went and opened the door, it was as if someone was pouring buckets of water down by our doorstep. In all of about ten minutes we had more than an inch and a half of water out there and our drain was not working very well. Thank goodness it stopped before getting into the house, I could not get the plunger to work as Paul had suggested when I called him in the midst of it. Thanks to the storm, Abbi now knows "thunder". She also enjoyed just reached outside of our door and having her very own wading pool to splash around in.

3 comments:

CrunchyChick said...

What an adventure! I'm glad you took pictures! That would be a hard thing to visualize without them.

Anonymous said...

Pictures are great! Looks like it made a mess but turned out to be okay!

Paul said...

I wish I was there to have fun in the rain :(