28 August, 2006

Over Zealous

At the end of July Ruth took me shopping for fabric for a baby blanket. By the first week in August I had all of the squares cut out. On the 19th while Abbi was sleeping I convinced Alona to play with play-doh and spent two hours sewing the squares together. I wasn't as hard as I thought that it would be. Then Friday night I tied the blanket, Marta had given me some yarn and a needle and shown me how to tie it. It was fairly easy to just pin it, I didn't need to put it on frames or anything. It went really fast with the tying. I was able to pick up more bias tape that I needed at the store on Saturday and I bound the blanket, staying up past two in the morning on Sunday to finish. Kacen isn't due for two more months, so don't ask me why. I just have this urge to get lots of baby things and to have the house all done and to finish the blanket like I did. Hopefully this urge doesn't last the next eight weeks I don't have the energy to keep going or the money to buy that much baby stuff. Now I just need to wash the blanket, I hope that I did a good job and that it doesn't fall apart!

2 comments:

CrunchyChick said...

What a fun blanket! It looks like you did a great job!

Staci said...

Cute blanket!! It makes me want to be all crafty!