20 August, 2006

Just dropped in

Friday afternoon there was a knock on the door. I had no clue who it could be. Alona wanted to answer the door, I asked her to wait. I told her that it could be a stranger and that if she wanted to open the door mommy or daddy should be there.
So she answered the door and much to my surprise...it was Miriam, a friend that we have had since we lived in the apartments where Alona was born. I was stunned, just stood there and starred. I was like, what you're supposed to be in South Carolina. She had been living there for the past nine months and had just come back a week ago. It was great to see her, to be able to talk to her about life and what had been going on. I was glad that she was back and was happy to see things working out for her. I was speechless for most of the time and wish that I could have thought of more to say.
Alona did not remember Hannah at all, but she enjoyed plaing with her none the less. It had been more than a year since we had seen them. The girls had a lot of fun playing. First we played outside for the first hour and a half coloring with chalk, playing on the swingset. Then we came inside, she is still great with kids. She read them stories and played with them while I cleaned up the kitchen and made lunch. They all had chicken nuggets, I was sad that I wasn't able to share with Miriam, there were only nine chicken nuggets. I gave three each to the oldest girls and gave Abbi a chicken patti. Don't get me wrong I offered her other food that I had, and us adults were able to eat just not the same as the children.

The girls were able to play with play-doh and and were really good at cleaning up messes. They played in Alona & Abbi's room with, and Abbi learned how to climb Alona's ladder up to her bed but of course does not know how to get down. They enjoyed playing sword fighting with sticks up on the bed.
When Paul got home and we were getting the girls ready for bed. We said the first article of faith. Alona remembered most of it and said it by herself. Abbi when telling her the words repeated them almost word for word back to us. WOW!

No comments: