21 September, 2006

Open House

The ward that I live in, well actually my visiting teachers are throwing me a baby shower, they call it an open house. So for an hour and a half anyone in our ward can come, bring a present or not and hang out. They also sent out invitations to Paul's mothers. Its not my first, but it is my first boy. Quite a few things that I am missing. I didn't have my expectations very high with thinking that they would throw me a shower. They said that they were going to, then today I got this cute little baseball mit delivered by one of their daughters. When I lived in Murray while pregnant with Abbi my visiting teachers said that they were going to throw me a shower, that didn't happen. No big deal or anything I just was disappointed and it added another reason to not expect much from people. Not expect them to live up to their word. Isn't it so cute, I have butterflies. Though I don't quite know what to do about getting the girls ready and putting them to bed.

3 comments:

CrunchyChick said...

I'm excited for you and Kacen! So excited! Make sure to take lots of pictures so I can pretend I was there. Pretty please?

Anonymous said...

I love the invitation it's absolutely adorable! I think it's a great idea to have an open house, less pressure to play games and such!

MartaMolly said...

I am glad you posted this I haven't received an invite yet. I plan on attending, maybe I can come over earlier and follow you to the open house. I am so happy that these ladies didn't let you down. Keep smiling!