30 September, 2006

Little Boys

It was great to have the "baby shower" for me, though I was quite concerned about the attention. I am not one for having all the attention focused on me. Though I should relish in it. I do not get it very often and it was great. I just hope that I helped to make everyone that came feel welcome and appreciated. I tried to remember to say thank you with every gift and attempted to talk to every guest about something.
At one point the conversation among the ladies turned to c-sections. Me not ever having one, well all that talk it got me to thinking. One lady had her baby tried to be turned at six months and it hurt too much when they were trying, they would get the baby turned 3/4 of the way and then her little boy just turned himself right back. And at nine months she had to have a c-section because he still hadn't turned. This story kind of scared me, I sure hope that this does not happen to me. I hope that Kacen turns head down soon.

At first I was just sitting there talking to people and holding my drink and plate of goodies. Then Mardee came over and told me that I was gathering quite a pile of presents and it was decided that I should start opening them. I am okay at bending over while standing I bend my knees and go down that way without bending really at all. But sitting, doesn't work I reached over to put my drink on the floor so that I could open presents and my fingertips allowed my drink to still be about four inches from the floor. I tried repeatedly to put it down and then it was pointed out to the person sitting next to me that I needed a bit of help. It is just my luck for some reason whenever pictures get ready to be taken, I blink. So in all but one of the pictures that Marta took of me my eyes are closed and the one where they aren't my eyes look squinted.

There were many ladies from my ward that came. There was atleast twenty, could have been twenty-two or more. There was a present there but I never saw the person who gave it to me so I don't know if she was actually there. And one other lady was in Idaho getting her house ready to move into and sent her present with someone else.
Um...lets see if I can remember most of what they brought for baby Kacen. There was a really nice fuzzy winter outfit that is pictured here, it is so soft. There was a handmade towel and hoodie(a regular sized towel so he will still fir into the towel years later. There were two packages of diapers and three packages of wipes, Johnsons baby soap, Grins & Giggles baby wash and lotion, Gerber's Milk and Honey lotion and soap , a lion sleeper, a disney story book, a baby book, a "baby boy" book for Kacen to play with, a stuffed blue rocking horse, homemade baby blanket with Kacen's name on it and three outfits from grandma, a set of baby keys, teethers, a 3-pack of sleepers, croched booties, hand rattles, cute socks that have cars on them that rattle, many shirts and onesies and a few pants, two really cute overall outfits, a mickie mouse outfit with one more outfit for Kacen and the lady brought Alona and Abbi each an outfit "because little brothers aren't the only ones who need presents". There was one cotton receiving blanket and one other one that I am not sure of the fabric. There were also a few things for me: shower gel, nail polish& foot scrub.

Mardee's husband took Alona and Abbi with him for an hour and a half with his two younger children who are about the same age as Alona and Abbi and went to his dad's house. They must have had fun. No complaints, and Alona had a "special" rock when she came back that she claimed was shiny though it just looked like a piece of broken cement. They were happy to see grandma when they got back to the Allen's house. And she was able to comfort Alona when other children were having difficulties sharing with her. I was not able to get up fast enough. When it came time to leave Abbi actually said goodbye to grandma and was good and Happy. But the moment that she couldn't see her anymore and knew that she was gone she started to cry for "Brammah".
There were rice krispie treats, caramel & chocolate dipped pretzels and fruit tarts one with cherries the other with raspberry jam. Mardee's two older girls were the servers.
And so today is my last day being 35 weeks! Tomorrow I start week 36, the Ninth month!! Talk about scary looking. Paul says its the bottom of a pumpkin. Doesn't that fit quite well with him being due two days before halloween. And I do believe that he is transverse/lying sideways.

3 comments:

CrunchyChick said...

Yay! I love that you posted pictures!

I sent Kacen a few onesies that should get to you by Friday. I also scored a few other things at yard sales this weekend. Should I wait to send those to your new address? (Don't forget that I still have a bag of 6mos+ size that I'm sending home with my Mom in December/January.)

I've heard that if you dive headfirst into a swimming pool, the baby flips into head-down position. It may take a few times, but the ladies who told me they did this said when the baby flips it is a VERY definite feeling. Almost like a big "swoosh". It's supposed to make the baby feel like he needs to head the other way because something doesn't feel -quite- right. Just something to think on if you're super worried about his position.

I'm so happy for you and super excited about Kacen's arrival!

Give the girls kisses for me! They're growing up so fast. It seems even faster in pictures.

CrunchyChick said...

P.S. You are TAN! Wow! I forgot what it's like to be tan. I've got what we like to call an Alaskan tan. Meaning, no tan whatsoever.

Go you with your tiny tan Mama self!

CrunchyChick said...

Luckily I haven't been swollen. Knock on wood! Tora (My midwife) was quite shocked at that. I suppose it will come eventually. Everything else has.

I was trying to go all natural, no coloring, until Kellie's born. But I was at the point where I felt SO yucky, I quit caring. I was a walking zombie. I needed a pick-me-up.

My color is more subtle than I normally go for. I asked for that intentionally so I hopefully won't have to touch-up before Kellie's born. Thank you for the compliment! I think the color brightened up my face.

I score some wicked deals on baby stuff. I keep an eye out for Kacen too. I have another little box to send your way. Just let me know what address to use.