06 September, 2006

Labor Day Weekend

Okay so I know why is there a picture of a steak? Well me and Paul went out on Saturday night to Lonestar! Our one of few date-nights a year, to celebrate his birthday. Even though we celebrated it a week late. I ordered a San Antonio Sirloin, a salad and a baked Potato. And just to show how small my stomach is I ate my salad, half my potato and was full and all of this was left. I finished my potato but decided that I would hurt too much if deciding to eat any of the steak. I took it home and ate it for lunch on Sunday. Not the greatest reheated.
Paul had the same thing that we had at lonestar almost seven years ago. The cube steak with a salad and french fries. Of course he finished his steak and only had a few fries left. It was great to be able to talk and laugh and feel relaxed. To be able to spend time with him and remember what it is like to be a couple it was better than words can say. He thinks that I am just at pretty as when we first met, isn't that sweet, after three children and everything too.
He of course has a great sense of humor. We went and watched click prior to going to dinner. It was at the dollar theatres. I began to cry towards the end tears and everything and then the end changed, that was great. I really liked the movie. Definitely less profane than other Adam Sandler movies. Paul really enjoyed it.
Sunday wasn't too exciting, Paul enjoyed playing one of his birthday presents quite a bit on Sunday and Monday. Great fun for him, something he never really gets to do any more. Monday we went to Liberty Park and were able to bring our hoagie buns and feed the geese, not many ducks came up on the grass and the girls didn't throw too far. Atleast not far enough to reach the ducks in the water.
We then went on a walk to find a playground. It seemed to take forever. Paul guessed that the park spanned atleast three miles. It was the most fun park I have seen. Tunnels to climb through, which Abbi loved to climb in one end and out the other. She managed to find her way back around the fence to where we were every time. Also rock climbing of sorts was there, there was a table where little kids were playing with all of the sand and pouring water and building little castles and volcanoes and things. Too bad the little people didn't want to share with Alona. There was also a few xylophones with wood planks that Paul played for the girls. It looked like someone had taken the mallets that belonged to each one. In the middle of the playground was a place to run around and get sprayed or drenched with upcoming water. It looked like so much fun, Abbi would have gone in it too...but Paul didn't want to carry a wet little girl back to the car. They both didn't want to leave but we needed to eat and much to our surprise they both fell asleep on the way home.

1 comment:

Paul said...

That was a good celebration all around, I thoroughly enjoyed it and loved spending time together as a couple and as a family. I am still gonna wish I had more time until I graduate but I think these little things we get to do together make it that much easier on me and very much more worth it to see that I am supporting my family.