23 September, 2006

Its my birthday today!


What? No, its not my birthday. But this is the comment that I got from Alona when she woke up to find presents on the couch and knew shortly after that we would be going to Chuck E. Cheese today. We didn't give her any of the presents that we had gotten her on her birthday, we saved that for today. Because Paul only got to see her for about five minutes the morning of her birthday and would be able to see her until two o'clock today, much more time today. Here is a picture of them in the morning on her birthday before Paul left.

Almost two weeks ago at church we received a similar comment, except is was an inquisitive one. "Mom, is it my birthday?" She was a little confused. They had given her a candy bar in sharing time during primary and sang happy birthday to her. We had stake conference last weekend so she had it sung a week and a half early.

We picked up Alona's friend on the way to Chuck E. Cheese, and then followed Paul there. We sang Old MacDonald, Book of Mormon Stories and attempted to sing Scripture Power while driving in the car. Abbi thought that it was so hilarious that Savannah could snort instead of say oink for the pig.

I think that Alona had fun. I seemed to be busy with everything else. We had picked up the cake a little after eleven and got some balloons, a Dora and two latex balloons. Which every year that I have bought balloons they have flown away. Last year at the park her balloons flew away and this year at Chuck E. Cheese they went up to the ceiling. And both years Alona was having to much fun to notice thank goodness. Paul played with the girls (Abbi, Alona and her friend Savannah) while I went and ordered pizza and got the cups and tokens. Then I set up the table was getting other things ready and I got to attend to the girls while they were eating. They all wanted their pizza cut up, had to have straws and lids and napkins of course for their messy fingers and then one of them just had to eat with a fork, she didn't want her hands to get messy again.

Immediately after eating we had cake and ice cream and did presents. The candle got blown out first, and was left on the table while opening presents and when I was taking pictures. The cake ended up helping me take pictures on many occasions. It ended up on the lens of my camera, also all over my shirt and on a few presents. Alona and Savannah once the candle was blown out took out the figures and licked them clean and claimed suckers for themselves.

Paul had to leave for work. He was able to see her blow out her candle and open the gifts from his mother. He missed seeing her open everything else even what we had gotten her. She still has one present left to open. A jewelry box that I ordered off of eBay back in February, it is cute. I guess that Paul will be able to see her open that.

Ruth took Abbi and played with her while I was serving up the cake and ice cream. I think that they had fun. I took Abbi to play games after I had put things away, there was a miniature version of a skee ball game and she enjoyed putting the balls up high in the holes. There was a Duckee game that Alona and Savannah played, and a kids playground of sorts with slides, balls to play in and nets to climb. It was hard getting one of them out of there. I wish that I could have taken more pictures of Alona playing on the rides and having fun, but I can only be in so many places.

In Attendance: Crystal, Kenny, Loghan, Legand,Hailey,Gabreal (my sister and her four kids and husband), my mother Kim, Marta, Kelly, Ruth, Jared, Caren, Ellen, Kolton, Miriam, Jay, Hannah, Emma and Savannah well and course me, Paul and the girls!

The Loot: from my sister Alona got a package of balls and toys and a squirt gun. My mother gave her four dollars and a twenty dollar gift certificate to Fat Cats, they are a bowling facility that also sells pizza I guess. Marta and Kelly gave Alona a Dora pillow that Marta made, they came on Monday after getting off of work and gave this to her. She was very happy and has been choosing each night which side of her pillow that she wanted to sleep on. But tonight she says that she is sleeping on her old pillow and Dora is sleeping on her pillow. Then they brought more to the party: two pairs of tights, skates for Alona that have Dora on them and skates for Dora that match, a place mat for the dinner table, Dora shampoo and bubble bath and a Dora towel.

Ruth brought her a Dora book that has a doodler attached to the top of it. Val and Ruth also came on Monday after Kelly and Marta had left. They brought a delicious chocolate cake with strawberry filling, I wanted to eat that thing mmm. They also brought dinner, Alona ate about normal, two-three bites with a little coercing and Abbi wouldn't touch her food while her grandparents were there because there was a cake sitting in the middle of the table. With her if you put anything sweet within site when it is meal time she will not eat what is being served, the same as Alona at that age. Alona had fun arguing with her grandpa about what Dora and boots names were and enjoyed putting her new present(a artist outfit for Dora) on Dora. Abbi must have thought that the candles were lipstick, she kept rubbing the candles across her lips, it was the side that had been in the cake. And an hour before bedtime Abbi decided that it was time to eat her dinner btw it was chips and cheese with a side of olives and applesauce.
Do you see Abbi's outfit? The white shirt is the top, and the part that you cannot see are the blue pants which have Elmo on the bottom. She got so excited, I found this outfit when I was looking for some long sleeve shirts for her this morning. After putting the outfit on, she kept turning her pants and lifting them up so that she could feel and touch Elmo. She was enthused when I told her that she could go and show daddy Elmo.

Jared & Tami gave Alona a Disney Princess Dream Sketcher, it looks like fun and also very interesting. Caren brought a Dora ABC game and a Dora reading book and a Dora book with water colors. Miriam and Jay and their little girls gave Alona a Dora computer game, that will be fun teaching Alona how to use the computer for that one. I hope that it will not be too frustrating. Savannah's present to Alona was 4 pairs of socks, a DragonTales book and a set of little Dora figurines. My grandmother also sent money and after my appointment yesterday I went to Toys R US and bought her a Dora soccer ball, cones and laffy taffy with the money. Laura also sent roller skates for Alona that I had wrapped up.
She enjoys the skates. Right now she has them on, she is not all that frightened which surprises me. She is walking around saying "this is how you skate." Its cute!

2 comments:

CrunchyChick said...

What a FUN birthday! It looks like Alona had lots of love and gifts showered upon her. And she's getting to be old enough that she can remember this birthday years from now.

Still can't believe she's four!

Paul said...

I enjoyed it, but Alone whacked her head into another girl, they were both running at full speed. It made me sad I had to leave, a deep sadness that hurts. I din't get to say bye to much of anyone and I miss them. Oh well, life demands I work to live it, but I have gone so far that living it is simply eating and sleeping and having time to shower and see my girls a little bit :(