11 May, 2006

little nubs and flutterflies


I guess that it was Tuesday Abbi wouldn't let me put her down, and her knee was into my abdomen. I felt a jolt something push back as Abbi pushed into me. That was an amazing moment, the first time I thought I might have felt this baby. Tonight I was just feeling around poking at my skin about an inch to the side of my hip and I could feel little nubs as hard as the cartilege on your nose. There was one that was bigger and stood out above the rest and there were other smaller ones as well. At times I could feel movements, little butterfly feelings as I would push in. It is really neat. It makes me wonder how big that the baby is so far, most articles say that he/she should be about four inches, but I could feel something in there that spanned more than that. It makes me think more about what this baby looks like, It brings it all more into reality!I guess thats why they say that the second trimester is a good time to prepare, you are so excited about the baby and everything that is going on and are definetly not as tired as you are in the first or last trimester. I definetly have a little bit more energy compared to just a few weeks ago. Before at about two o'clock I would be so exhausted that my eyes would have a hard time keeping open and I could not keep up with the girls. Today, I actually attempted scrapbooking and making necklaces with Alona. I was a little tired but was able to stay awake and keep up with the two little munchkins.

2 comments:

CrunchyChick said...

Awww! Fun for you! That's gotta be so cool being able to FEEL the little person inside of you. Can't wait!

Paul said...

I don't know what a nub is, but if I were that baby I'd be kicking to try to get attention. I might even perform aquatic backflips to see if I would be felt or noticed. I wish I was a little baby too :(
In fact! when I grow up... I want to be a baby too! (instead of a happless meckenick) Then all the test ace'ing will be done by ummm..... OH WELL :(