23 May, 2006

From Here to ETERNITY!



Today I made the appointment to be sealed in the temple with my family! As I look back this was never really in my scope of things when I started going back to church before Alona was born. I always loved going to church. When I was a child it was a bit hard to be who I was my parents would ship me, my sister and brothers off to church and without any parental influence there my brother would really act out. He would act out otherwise but not like this. The teachers really had a hard time keeping him in any primary room or in a seat, and his fits were horrendous. At the time I guess it bothered me that he was "my brother". Of course now I love him to death.
Then teenage years were even more difficult I choose different roads that lead me away from the church and not closer to it. Though I kept acquaintances through High School that were members of the ward that I was in, so I still enjoyed going back when straying from my immoral life. Paul was probably the best thing for me. He let me make my own decisions though never really commenting on them he was always there. When being with him I remembered how much I enjoyed church and the gospel and all that it stood for.

I choose to go back to church four days before Alona was born, not because of her just my strong desire and great feelings from before hand. Paul did not share my sentiments about the gospel at first. Many times I felt like giving up on him, but I am glad that I didn't. He didn't like the missionaries, he was very hard to wake up for church and even harder to get him there and keep him going.

Two years ago this month I attended the temple for the first time. It was definetly not what I expected, who knows if it is really what anyone expects. But it was really great. In some ways it amused me to see who really supported me in this. Some family members that I held very dear to me did not come. But a few people from my childhood that had heard about me going to the temple were there without hesitation. I will never forget their support and their strength in the gospel.

It has been really hard to be the stronger one so to speak. Going to church, reading scriptures, etc. During the past five-six months I have definetly been awestruck. One family member asked me, does he enjoy it like you do? Well we definetly have different reasons for going and we definetly get different things out of it. But he has truly become a strength to me. I no longer have to pull it all from within. He is willing to support and lift me up now. He goes to church and holds the priesthood it is amazing.

I am so grateful that we will have the opportunity to be sealed together and with our daughters in the temple this June 3rd, so our little baby will be Born in the Covenant (BIC). This is something that I do not share with my family...my sister, mother, etc.and it saddens me that when I die I will not have the opportunity to be with them. I am grateful also that my brothers went to a loving home and had the opportunity to be sealed to their now parents, my great aunt and uncle. So they are sealed in the family!

I am so happy to be able to be with Paul through ALL ETERNITY and to bring our children.

3 comments:

CrunchyChick said...

I am so happy for you and your family. This is a big thing, one I know you've been wanting for a long time.
Yay for you and your dedication!

Paul said...

I feel the need to be there for my family, but in a stronger sense I need to be there for me. I don't know that all who will read this will understand , but I actually lost the emptyness I felt (which I used to mistake for boredom) when I began believing in the religion I was brought up in. I have been through hurtful times in this proccess that almost completely ruined it for me, but I have a loving wife who cared enough to help me open my eyes to what I had mistaken all along. Being sealed to my family is the greatest thing I can think of, and I am willing to give up everything in this life just for that, but if I don't do it for myself more than for my family then it won't mean as much and I wouldn't feel as strongly as I do that this plan I believe in, god's plan, is what is right and true. As for all the people in the world who would do harm to me and my family or any other man or woman, I say to myself over and over, as Jesus once did, "forgive them, for they know not what they do".
I love you,
My beautiful wife!

Bagley Briefs said...

Heather, your exciting post makes me think of all the growth you've had in your young life. Congratulaitons to you and your love - Paul!

You are such an inspriring woman and Paul has created such awe for me, too. You are a wonderful family and I know I am blessed to have you in my life.

I love you!