30 May, 2006

Fruits of labor


Alona can make her own lunch! After months of attempting to show her how to make a sandwich and months of her frustrations and "I can't do it". She made her first one, all by herself! Not a masterpiece by any means, but it was her masterpiece, her own accomplishment. Definetly fun to watch her grow and be able to do things by herself. It scares me at times thinking of all of the things that she will have to learn to do in such a short amount of time. Reading, writing and all of the other things. Its a little scary that it is me that has to teach her and help her along in these things. But its not all me, I have a smart little girl even though she may be a bit defiant at times.

2 comments:

CrunchyChick said...

She IS smart! You and Paul do an excellent job of making sure she understands things! I'm sure she'll soar in school!

Paul said...

I know she could do it!! it only takes some of them their time I guess, and poof, you have a full grown chicken monkey that you can see without a magnifying glass!
Hurrah!