04 November, 2008

Voting Day

I wish I would have taken Alona when I voted, so that she could have experienced that. I was trying to just be able to vote, without it interfering with lunch, naps or anything else. Abbi and Kacen were real good while I was there. Voting was short and not too much to cast my ballot on, three local elections, the judges, school board and the Presidential election.
It was great to vote for the first time. Maybe my one vote doesn't change much. But I put it out there for it to make some difference and was excited to do so. I got a sticker, made sure that I got one! Free donut at Krispy Kreme.
We got outside and had our exercise today by raking the leaves, playing in them and jumping in the pile when we were finished. The kids were really excited to rake. Kacen really wanted to rake and was so cute following Mommy around. Even when his sisters were tired and eventually got distracted with playing over at the pine tree with the red pine cones, he kept raking. We had a Huge pile and we still had more leaves that didn't make it in there, I was tired! It is supposed to snow tomorrow, I sure hope that the storm keeps our pile intact so that we can bag all of those later.
Kacen had his winter coat on, it has two zippers. He managed to get both of them undone and take off his coat. He did this the other day too, it was raining cats and dogs and I couldn't keep his coat on him. Hopefully I will have more luck as it continues to get colder.


1 comment:

Paul said...

hehe, I remember you telling me about the doughnuts. I wish I would have registered to vote :( but I am glad we have a democratic President again, I thought Clinton id an ok job, so I hope Obama can pull us out of this rut :)