11 November, 2008

neighborly generosity


Our wonderful neighbor went through her baby things and we were able to take home a crib! So Kacen doesn't have to part with the convertible toddler bed that he has and knows that the crib in Mommy's room is the baby's bed. I needed to do something to feel like I was getting ready for the baby (yes already!) so Paul put together the crib for me.
I had an appointment today. Not what I was hoping for or expecting. I was hoping to hear the heart beat or to see the baby and well the office did not have an ultrasound machine. It was my first time at this office, and they read off to me at the very end of my appointment their policies during labor and delivery. They require that the patient have something in so that an i.v. can be inserted at any time. And they most likely will do an i.v., and they administer pitocin after birth saying that it helps with bleeding afterwards and delivery of afterbirth.
I do not want any i.v., and see no need for pitocin, have never had it. I loved my doctor for my past two children. Told him I didn't want an i.v., didn't want an episiotomy, didn't want any pain meds, so on and so forth and he listened!! I do not know how to go about finding a doctor like that here. I don't know any doctors here and unaware of any ladies around here that are like me and know of doctors that will do that for them. If only My doctor was closer, 50 miles is a bit to drive especially while needing a babysitter for three children.
If any of you know of a Dr. that is good with patients and will follow what the patient wants in her labor like I enjoy that lives within Utah County, please let me know!

5 comments:

emilybth said...

I've really liked the doctor who helped deliver both of my kids. His name is Dr. Judd, Aspen Women's Center, office phone number is 374-5000. I highly recommend him. I had a C-section both times, which isn't what it sounds like you're looking for :) . I had to have a C-section the first time, because of medical issues. But the second time around, he just gave me the information on all of my possible options, and let me decide what I wanted to do. He's always been very respectful of my decisions and happy to take any amount of time needed to answer questions I had. I've also known many other women in the ward who've had him as their doctor, and I've only ever heard positive things from them as well.

I hope that helps! Good luck! Congratulations!

Paul said...

wow, I am really grateful for our neighbors donation to us, and in turn I am sure he is happy to get it out of his space, it was REALLY crowded down in that basement :)

I hope you find someone that works for you this time. I wish they hadn't torn down "our hospital" :(

Mandy said...

Both of my doctors were in Park City...

For SOME reason, your blog doesn't show me any updates on the "following" section. So, tomorrow, there will be lots of reading for me to do! :)

The crib looks great. :)

Nicole Beck said...

Heather,
I don't know how open you are to the idea of a midwife instead of a doctor, and delivering at someplace other than the hospital. If you are, then I have a great place to recommend. (They don't take Medicaid, but are about half the price of a Dr. and hospital stay).

The midwives are at Better Birth and the birthing Suite is called Bella Natal. The midwives number is 801-635-6819. I loved my experience there. No IV's, no pain meds, everything is done the way you want it. Office visits were great, as there was never wait. The are in Orem across from the Scera Pool.

Guinevere said...

Hey Heather, stumbled across your blog again. Congrats! We're in Boston now. I miss the ward and my old doctor! I used Shelly Savage at Grandview Family Medicine. I told her all of the things you mentioned and she was cool with all of it. Best to you and Merry Christmas!