01 May, 2008

Granting happy's

Yesterday while Kacen was swinging and looking heaven-ward he said "sky". He has been learning at least one new word a day.
This is a quote from Alona at dinner, "Mom my sloppy is falling out of my bun." If you couldn't tell from that we had sloppy joes for dinner. It was also asked why they were Joes? They were cute. Kacen likes to follow his sisters, Abbi got down from the dinner table and so Kacen was finished too, they get out from the wagon and he wants out too.
I remember when I was little, probably about the forth grade. I had earned the right to go to Read-It -Island. If a student read so many pages than they got a day of going outside for a fun filled day of water balloons, treats and a fire hose squirting at you. That day, before it started, my dad came and picked me up from school, I think that it was to go camping. I was so disappointed he had ruined it for me.
Alona has her dress rehearsal and photos for her ballet recital on June 7th. We had planned camping for that same weekend. I was not going to take that away from her, she has spent so much time in dance class(and well her Mommy has spent so much time dragging her there) I would love to see her smiling happy face when she goes to rehearse, get her pictures and performs. Paul rearranged his time off so that Alona would be able to go to her rehearsal and changed his time off to the weekend after I paid ten extra dollars to change our camping reservation that we had made to the 13th. Our children should be granted every happiness made possible and available to them.

1 comment:

Paul said...

I don't think I'll ever know how this happiness feels that our children will enjoy. That's mainly because I am trying to forget the child side of me as much as possible to be the parent I need to be.