13 May, 2008

Catching Butterflies

Sunday was a good day. I woke up to a dozen roses, a golden pothos plant and home made cards from my children and my husband. I woke up the children and asked them what they would like for breakfast, thank goodness it wasn't too elaborate. One day they will be old enough to make me breakfast on Mothers Day! Alona wanted some eggs with her cereal, that was do able! They entertained themselves quite well while I got the salads ready to take to Marta's after church, a potato, cabbage and a green salad.
Half way through sacrament meeting, the primary was getting ready to go up and sing. The primary presidency was convincing Alona to go up and sing and I looked to my left and Paul was sitting next to me. He made it to church and just in time, they carried Alona up to the front, I could see her and I could hear her, It was great! We left early, it made Alona very sad, we should have stayed. One of the primary counselor's was sitting outside preparing for it to start when we walked by and she was saying look what you get to do in primary, we told her that we were leaving early to go to grandma's, so Alona was able to stay an extra five minutes and sit there with her and do a pot and put flower seeds in it for her mommy, she came and brought it to me and was so happy.
We got to Marta's before they came home and stood on the porch and waved as they drove up. Marta gave the girls bug catchers and nets, Alona was enthralled. They went out in to the front yard and started getting bugs right away, there were many bugs under the bricks that were in the front yard. Marta went with the kids to look for bugs they looked under pots,and found a butterfly in the back yard and helped Alona catch it with the net and put it in her container.

Abbi loved trying to catch animals with her butterfly net. She ran around trying to catch Cozy and went in circles around grandma over and over. Then Abbi stopped and asked to go catch chickens with her net.
Kacen loved the partial car that Papa had by the driveway. He would go and pretend to drive the car.

Last Thursday we ran out of gas while driving to ballet, silly me. I spaced off that we were passing a gas station while going past the library. And so we were at a stand still at a stop light at University Avenue and Bulldog Avenue, busy road. People were staring and honking, and its just like hello what would you like me to do! So anyway there was a nice guy on a bike that helped us out. He had rode by once and then came back five minutes later and asked if we needed help. And this real nice kid managed to push our van with four people in it to the Arby's parking lot, which was not a down hill push. By the way Alona is doing an awesome job getting ready for her ballet recital.

Oh and yesterday we went to target and the van was vibrating horribly on the way there, I had taken the freeway. Between 50-65 miles per hour it was the worst. I was thinking that Paul's struts are bad and his car vibrates maybe that is it. So on the way home I took the regular roads, and thank goodness I did... One tire was torn (the passenger rear), would have been totally blown to shreds had I took the freeway home and two other tires are quite bald. So I went to Big O today and bought three new tires for the van, cheap-o tires are expensive, I wish that we only needed one car. We are so blessed that we were all safe!
And tomorrow is my birthday!

1 comment:

Paul said...

fun Mother's day stuff, I am glad you enjoyed it :) and I think we should've bought the new tires back when I pointed out that they wouldn't last another 500 miles... but that's what I get for being gone all the time, forgetful, and too relaxed about broken stuff. I am glad you are safe! I love you!!