05 May, 2008

three of a kind

Paul got a gift card from his work to best buy and took the girls with him on Wednesday to help him spend it. They all came home with something, the girls even brought home a dalmatian puppy with a red collar for their brother, and a Thomas movie. The girls got their own puppies too with blue collars and were pretending with them for days.They also came home with the sequel to Peter Pan, Return to Never Land. Best Buy didn't have Peter Pan, this one was good though.
The other picture is them tonight, we took two pictures and each time Kacen was sitting there the whole time saying "cheeese" until his sister's decided to smile, put their hands down, their feet off their faces, etc. This was the first picture and of course was the best because Kacen was just beginning his "cheese" monologue. They all have new warmer weather pj's, Kacen has Thomas the train, Abbi has Elmo and Alona a cupcake. Hopefully Abbi stays warm, she is the only one in shorts. With paying 27 less in our gas bill this month, they were able to get these. I only found this out that we could actually afford the pajamas after getting home from the store and opening the mail, seeing the gas bill, woohoo!
So I've been invited to my cousin's fiancee's bridal shower and don't quite know what to get. I thought that it would be fun to do a cookie thing... but I'm not so sure what to include in a basket like this with out spending too much money.. So let me know what you think, here are my ideas: A cookie sheet, cookie cook book, cookie cutters (or not), measuring cups and spoons, canister set and then packages of flour, sugar, other spices, etc. So I think this is too much for me to i clude though my sister will go in with me ($15). So what seems ok to leave out? And another idea, A pizza basket: pizza cutter, pizza pan, olives, mushrooms, can opener, paring knife and cheese grater or idea No. 3, movie basket: Popcorn bowls, popcorn, movie,etc.. So wha tis the census out there, what do you think??

2 comments:

Marguerite said...

Hi Heather,
I like all of the ideas for the baskets. If you do the cookie one, don't forget a spatula (flipper) and a cooling rack. Which one would they get the most use out of? They all sound like great ideas.

Paul said...

I am glad I could use the card to buy stuff for all of us.