02 December, 2006

Fry Dippers



Bobble head baby kisses!

I was so tired on Thursday even though I had gotten the typical amount of sleep the night before. Kacen would fall asleep eating. He would take a good 30-40 minutes eating and then he would fall asleep, I then would lay him down and less than ten minutes later he would wake up screaming. And when he woke up he wanted to eat again! He did this all day long from ten a.m. to 8 p.m. I was so tired and irritated towards the end of the day. I read the directions for dinner, and don't ask me how I missed this part of the directions... it said "ground beef browned and drained." I missed the browned and drained part. I put raw meat into the casserole that I attempted to make. The timer went off, I pulled out the food and lets just say that it didn't look right. The beef wasn't quite raw anymore but I could not stand the thought of eating it while it looked all stringy. I felt so bad for the girls I was jumping at them for things that didn't matter. So mommy went to her room and I told them that mommy needed a time out. Alona asked why, Abbi kept opening the door but eventually left me alone for a minute.

I ended up throwing dinner out and then I remembered that I had got twenty dollars in the mail from Ruth for doing some postcards for an hour. An overpayment, but I was so grateful. I could use this money on so many things that we needed, but right then I needed to use it for sanity. I asked Alona to pick up while I was feeding her brother and then we would go to McDonalds! I used the first five dollars to stop and get gas so that we could go to McDonalds, and silly silly me I went to pre-pay before I pulled up to a pump. So I pre-payed for a pump that was available and then I went to go drive to it and someone pulled up and was getting ready to get out. I walked up to their window and asked them if they would use the pump behind them because I had just pre-payed for this one, she was so understanding.

It shows how long that it had been since we had been McDonalds, the last time that we went they didn't have "choices". I asked Alona if she wanted fries or apples, "Apples!" So they both got a hamburger happy meal with chocolate milk. And the toy that was in them was a rat. We have been reading a book lately called "Pizza Pat", where the mice steal Pat's pizza. So Abbi was so excited "mouse, mouse" she said about her rat. Alona ate ALL of her food. Abbi saw my ketchup and wanted to dip her fries in it. So I let put a little on a wrapper for her, and then she saw Alona's caramel sauce for her apples. Alona says "I don't want that". So I handed it to Abbi, she starts dipping her fries in it. Not the apple that Alona had given her, but the fries! Abbi really enjoyed the caramel fries she used it for all of her fries!

When the girls were finished they were able to go and play on the toys. Alona went through the tunnels and down the slide four times. Abbi started going up it once with Alona leading her, and then a man went through the tunnels to get his daughter and Abbi came down to get out of his way and she did not go back up. All of the rest of the times Alona was too fast.

Friday night while giving Kacen a bath, I was thinking hey I haven't taken pictures of him taking a bath yet. So I figured that I needed to. And boy does he hate the water, just as much as Alona did as a baby. He screams and gasps then brings his arms close and tries to find something to cling to. Alona still is not real particular about the water. Abbi loved the water as a baby, at six months old she would kneel up by the faucet and play in the water, even stick her head under the water. She still loves the water, but now she doesn't like it in her eyes.


Widows peak..where did this come from??
Sad, sad baby face.

1 comment:

CrunchyChick said...

Oh wow! Kacen is so cute! And he has so much hair! He's grown a lot and looks like he lots of fun (when he's not crying). :) It sounds like your McD's trip was a lifesaver. I'm glad you could get a break from Mom chores (making dinner) for a night. I bet that felt good!