07 December, 2006

Blessed

This past Sunday Kacen was blessed at church. He was blessed by his daddy! The first one of our children to have this done. I could tell that Paul was quite nervous. His dad, Kelly and my uncle Kerry stood in the circle with him. It sounded like one of his dads were whispering and helping him with the parts that he had to get right! It was neat to be there. We had so much support from our family! I was amazed and so happy to see them all there.

It was a great fast and testimony meeting filled with much of our family going up and bearing their testimonies, including me. I found this very hard, not very often do I share my testimony with my extended family. I am sort of afraid to, religion is not something that is talked about much. And being that most of them are not religious I get a little scared of what they will think or say. I shouldn't be so scared, I should voice what I believe in. I am glad that I had the courage to go up there. And I took Kacen with me, I held onto him tight and he seemed to absorb my fear!

We had lunch at our home afterwards and I was in awe at how much help that I got from family. I wasn't able to financially provide for lunch for everyone and so I had asked each of them for help. And each of them showed up with something to share and most brought more than one thing! The lunch was great! There was sandwiches with rolls and deli meat, cheeses and a million condiments and vegetables, salads galore, chips, eclairs, brownies and rice krispie treats, soda and juices! It was amazing. Thanks Everyone for your help!

Alona went outside because she was "crowded" and pretended to build a fire. She wanted a marshmallow to roast, but we didn't have any, so she roasted a roll! So cute. Though I have no idea why she decided to make her fire by that baby doll head. It was in the back yard when we moved in and I haven't picked it up. I am weird I don't know where it has been, I feel that I need gloves to pick it up. She also loved the christmas tree box that was emptied, it was her snow white bed. She told me as she layed down in the box with a blanket on top of her, "I am snow white."

Kelly and Marta stayed afterwards and helped us asemble our christmas tree. So glad that I asked them, we would have never gotten it put together. We don't seem to be able to do things with Paul very often, he is usually doing homework. Paul put on the garland and the lights after they left and Alona went in and put on the ornaments. I went in and looked, I just had to get a picture of her decorating skills!








ABBI'S FIRSTS


Abbi used watercolors for the first time yesterday. The first time that I dared to get them out with her. It went better than expected. She didn't grasp the concept of the paintbrush going into the paint after the water. She kept dipping the paintbrush in the water and then tried to color the paper with water. And today she ate a sandwich! This is not a normal thing for Abbi to do. When I make her a peanut butter sandwich, she usually opens the sandwich and eats out the peanut butter without eating the bread. She ate it and normally too!











And today is my first day really feeling better, yipee! Thanks everyone for caring!

1 comment:

Kasynia said...

Congratulations! That's exciting that Paul was able to bless little Kacen. Aww.. I'm glad you're feeling better too. Gabe and Alona should go into a decorating business together. Kids are the best. *grins*