15 December, 2006

Most Wonderful Christmas Spirit

It makes me all mushy to think of yesterday and how kind, generous and giving that people are this season. Kara and Staci came to visit, I was playing outside with Abbi which was long overdue. She needed her own mommy time. We were taking her little bike into the front yard to ride it on the side walk while Kacen and Alona were sleeping (Alona was sleeping!). And lo and behold Staci and Kara were in the driveway! And much to my surprise out of their car they were pulling a real live tree! Turns out it was for us! What a beautiful, wonderful thoughtful thing. And then to top it off they left to go get a tree stand for the tree that they brought us and they put it in! It smells so wonderful, is so sturdy and just makes me all happy when I look at it. I took down our broken fake tree today and put the lights on the real tree. Abbi couldn't help circling the tree, touching each one and saying "light, light, light". She spurted out different colors purple, yellow, green while touching blue and other various lights. Alona helped put back on the ornaments. Both girls have been able to reach the candy canes and have managed to eat all but three out of the couple dozen that I began with. It sounds cute, but makes me worry a little...I save candy canes, some that they ate were years older than Alona. Hee, Hee I don't think I will be saving candy canes any more!

It was hard to believe, it had been atleast five or more years since I saw Kara and I still felt just as much at ease with her as when we were in Junior High/High School. She is so easy to talk to, and so fun. She has this happy glow about her.

While Kara and Staci were gone getting the tree stand I talked to Ruth. I had mentioned in an earlier conversation that my family would be having a christmas party on Saturday and that I wouldn't be able to go. While on the phone with her, she said that she had sent gas money for me to be able to go visit my family for the party!

It seems that somehow everything always works out. People are so loving and kind and I deeply care for everyone and wish that I could do more. I am so grateful and indebted to all those who care for and help me and my family along the way! I hope that I can share a portion of the wonderful Christmas Spirit just as these amazing people have shown to me. Love to All, Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

CrunchyChick said...

I'm so glad that you have friends and family to help you out when you need it! I miss being there to offer my support, but it makes me feel good to know you have others in your life who care about you and your family as much as I do. Merry Christmas!

Bagley Briefs said...

How wonderful and kind of Kara and Staci to share their Christmas cheer and help brighten your holidays! Thanks, Ladies!

Paul said...

Yeah, I was so grateful when I got home and found a real live tree there. anyone else reading this comment might have seen this information on my blog before..... but now I deleted them all (except 2 new ones).