26 December, 2006

Christmas post #1


DECEMBER 23:
We went to Caren and Dell's to celebrate Christmas with them on the 23rd. That turned out good, it was great that Jared and Tammi were there since we wouldn't be seeing them any other time. They gave Kacen a really soft and warm green blanket. Tammi was daring and patient, she took on a big puzzle with Alona. It was either 50 or 100 pieces, I don't remember.But wow and she helped her figure out all of the edges and some of the middle and then Alona was finished!
They of course loved playing on Grandma Caren's piano! Then there were white elephants to open. Alona opened a box of chocolates and then Caren opened a bag of happy meal toys. I said to Alona, "Don't you want to trade her?", "Nope!". She preferred the chocolate. Caren made both of them Dora blankets and gave them coloring books and neat twistable crayons!

DECEMBER 24:
Christmas Eve was a little stressful at church. We were actually there on time! Church was only supposed to last for an hour! Kacen lasted half way through. So we were able to take the sacrament and then he started to get fussy. And so I decided that it was time to go! Way too difficult to drag the all three of the children to the mother's lounge and for only thirty minutes and then we would be going home anyways! I got the stuff ready and had Kacen in one hand Abbi in the other, then Alona throws herself down and starts screaming horrendously. Luckily there was a man sitting in the back that came and picked her up and took her out with me. And then he asked if I needed any more help. He didn't wait for my response, he took the carseat and other things and put them in the van. Still he chimed in and asked if there was anything else that he could do. I was so grateful.
At home I was able to feed Kacen and wake up Paul to take care of the girls. While Abbi was sleeping we watched The Wicker Man, I thought that it was a movie about a man that was trying to find his daughter. But that is so not the case, the end a little girl burns her father alive. We had a not to pleasant happening with the end of this movie.
After we had Papa Murphy's pizza for dinner. Which was okay, though their sauce I surely didn't care much for.We made a gingerbread house. Paul was too sick to help, so while feeding a baby I attempted to help the girls put it together. We covered the roof with icing and then I let them decorate the roof. I put the sides together and after failing horribly I asked Paul to please put on the roof and he did! Alona was very disappointed that she didn't get to finish decorating the rest of the house.
Right before bed we all sat down to read the Book of Mormon. We have been redaing it for about fifteen months! I started to read the last five pages that we had left, and on page three Abbi was distracting Alona and playing, giggling and running around! I'm going to have to stop I told Alona. "But I'm listening Mommy", she said. She was trying so hard to listen, though Abbi was distracting and we didn't get to finish so now we have two pages left of the Book of Mormon to read. It was going to be our present to Jesus for his birthday. I guess that it will just be a late present.

1 comment:

Paul said...

I hate being sick! (just in case you didn't know) I would rather have any other sickness than puking. It was good to have time with our little family, but as usual... I just wish I felt better :(