03 November, 2006

Canee, Canee!

This is Abbi's excited way of saying candy! She wasn't so sure about going trick-or-treating. And all that she could muster out of her mouth was "treet"! She really enjoyed the candy that night and especially the next day.
Earlier that day I went to the store before Paul left for work and bought a big bag of Halloween candy. Our ward was having a trunk-r-treat at 4:30 and everyone had to bring candy. I was planning on going downtown trick or treating at 3:00 and then going to the trunk r treat.
I laid down to rest a little before two, Alona was occupied and Abbi was asleep. I then realized when getting up that I had fallen asleep and that it was now past three o'clock. I called the friend that I was supposed to meet down there and she wasn't there yet either. So I decided that I could hurry and get ready and then just not spend as much time as I had planned with the downtown trick or treating and then go to the trunk or treat. So I hurried and was driving down 900 East when the 4-runner started jerking back and forth. The more I pushed on the gas the slower that the vehicle would go, but when taking my foot off of the gas and applying it to the clutch the jerking would stop and the car was ok though still it was barely moving. I was able to turn down 7th North and go about a quarter mile before it just would not go anymore and I pulled off to the side of the road with my hazard lights on. I then called Paul, I told him everything that was going on, and he plainly asks "Is the gas light on?" The gas light was always on so I hadn't thought much of it. But yes it was, and Paul says well thats it, I needed gas! So I called the friend that I was supposed to meet and she came and rescued me.

We went to University Avenue in Provo, where all of the businesses on that street for about five blocks gave out candy. By the time that we arrived it was past four o'clock and there was no way that I would be able to go to the trunk-r-treat.
My friends helped me with the girls until their grandma arrived. It was great to have help. Abbi was so cute, for the first while, the Elmo head was covering her face. She couldn't see a thing. But she just kept walking as happy as a clam she was. I held Kacen and walked with him the entire time. It was more than an hour. He stayed asleep the whole time which kind of worried me cause he hadn't eaten in awhile, but it all worked out. He must of liked the motion. It started out being 49 degrees at the time that we started and by the time that we went to the car it was 41 degrees. It dropped 8 in degrees in less than two hours.
Alona got a kazoo that she loves to pieces, she loves music. She goes around the house playing it. She says...I can't wait until Santa comes so that he can bring me my guitar. She is convinced that Santa is bringing her a guitar.
Abbi the next day opened every single sucker in her bucket and stuck them somewhere! She didn't want to finish a single one.

1 comment:

CrunchyChick said...

Oh what fun! The girls look adorable and it sounds like they enjoyed Halloween. I'm glad you were feeling up to taking them out. Strong woman, you.