20 November, 2006

One Month

One month ago until NOW

Doing with a little less:

Time for shopping (because of baby feeding schedule) 40 minutes including drive time. I was having two hours to complete this task before.
New Usual Time for sleep: 5 hours, compared to 8-9 hours one month ago
Quiet Time: O seconds, compared to atleast 5 minutes when I had two children.
Outside Time: If I am lucky I get a little more than an hour. It is to cold to take the baby out.
Showers uninterrupted without a bathroom door: O, Abbi seems to think that Mommy takes showers with bubbles. She parts the curtains with a hyped up exasperation of"BUBBLES"!

Though I have less time for most everything, I seem to make the most of the hour of playtime that I have with the girls. I am able to pack a lot of quality time in the hour that we have. Today(I wrote this on Monday) we were able to play baseball. Alona hit a lot of tennis balls with her oversized plastic bat. She was great! I am the one that needs to work on my throw, her batting is perfect. Abbi is more like a silly puppy. I try to play catch with her and instead of throwing the ball back to me she brings up and gives it to me. We were able to run around the backyard 7 times. It really is a workout. I say we because through a forth of each of the times running Abbi would come up to me and say "up,up" and so I carried her while running. She thought that it was the funnest thing, she would throw herself backwards and laugh. She would also try to run with me, her cute self and those little legs! We played in the leaves and they both raked them up. Alona does great at raking them in a pile. And then Abbi was so adorable watching a little one year old rake up leaves. And then I had to run in and start dinner, Abbi actually stayed outside and played with Alona. They played with the tree and the leaves. Abbi when coming in says, "tree,tree" she had fun! And Alona came in with a slug in her hair. They really must have been havin throwin leaves around to get that in her hair!
I took the camera out to take pictures of the girls and the camera wouldn't even turn on. Come to find out, Paul took my batteries and put them in the remote control to the television. So to bad for me.
The girls are a big help especially Alona, she not only picks up after herself but her sister also. They share a room, so when Abbi doesn't pick up, Alona gets stuck doing the whole thing. She is a good sport. Abbi picks up or does things to help when I am right there showing her what to do. Though when she finds a comb she likes to help brush hair, her hair and her brothers. :)

And Now Kacen is one month old. He still seems so little though I know that he has grown more than a pound and an inch. He sleeps so much better at night than he did soon after birth and is awake so much more during the day, enough to drive me nuts. He looks at me cross-eyed just like both girls did.Whenever I put him down he screams hysterically within five minutes, he always has to be held. After he falls asleep, I have to hold him for about an hour before I can lay him down. If I lay him down before then he wakes up screaming and I have to start it all over again.
Picture of a one-month-old Kacen this morning at 5 a.m. And the four of us last night at my great grandmas birthday. I look awful, I would like to say that I could blame it on the 3 hours of sleep that I had received. The children are so darn cute in the picture though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are brave! Have you tried wearing Kacen in a sling? It worked for Anden when he didn't want to be put down!