09 November, 2006

Adjusting

I do believe that it will be a very long time before I feel like I am back to normal. Almost every day I have a huge migraine, which is due to lack of sleep, children screaming, baby crying and everyday life added on top of that. Currently is his schedule still changes from day to day. But the most typical one so far is he wakes up between seven and eight o'clock and is awake until 10:30 or eleven. He gets to sleep by eating, he is not hungry. That is just how he likes to be comforted. Then he sleeps until about one and then is awake for another two to three hours and then sleeps another two hours. When he is awake he is eating constantly, the cycle usually ends between 7:30 and 10:30 at night when he goes to sleep for about four hours and then he wakes up around 1:00 a.m. and then again at 5:00 a.m. and then the 7-8 a.m. morning wake up. Twice he has woken up during the day, once at three in the afternoon and then stayed awake until two in the morning. I had a hard time keeping my eyes open those nights.

It is hard to do anything with the girls in the morning because I am running around with a baby attached. But I do my best, I usually am able to get them breakfast and read them a book with one child on each side, and this morning I cleaned while feeding him too. I am not able to get dressed until he goes back to sleep around 11:00 a.m. so I feel as though I am not able to get much done. Alona usually watches cartoons while I am feeding the baby in the morning. I really hate this, I am not one for much television. I try to keep the girls away from the television as much as possible and usually only let them watch one show a day. This has not been the case lately.I have not been able to play with them as much lately. When he is asleep I play with the girls and clean the house and manage to get dressed a lot to fit into a couple of hours.

I haven't been able to go shopping in three weeks. And I am afraid to go! Three children, one cart and lots of groceries and diapers, NO WAY!!! How will I ever manage the next few years with needing food? My cupboards are alright, I just have no snack foods am out of yogurt, string cheese stuff like that.

1 comment:

CrunchyChick said...

That sounds like a full plate! How's help from Grandparents going?