18 November, 2006

Who Would Have Thought

I was reading to the girls today, and they would pull out any book and bring it to me to read. We read a Thomas the tank engine book and then came "The Berenstains B Book". Alona practically has the first book memorized, the second book she knows what it is talking about and if the pictures are pointed out she can tell how the book goes. I started to point out some of the shorter words and asking her what they were. The last word that I asked her she did not respond with "I don't know" or "I know" and then not really know. She looks at the letters and says "B-OOM, BOOM". That was awesome, who would have thought she would read her first word today!

1 comment:

CrunchyChick said...

Smart cookie! I love that she loves to read. What's her favorite book?