13 November, 2006

Three Ring Circus

I actually got up the guts to take the children to the store on Saturday night. We were almost out of milk and I wanted to be able to look for Alona a dress to get her pictures taken today. Of course the girls were their normal selves, a little rambunctious. Throwing things from the cart, pulling things from shelves and Alona was dead set on having a skirt, though I couldn't find a shirt to go with it and I found this cute dress, but she didn't want to even consider it.So it took us an hour to get "milk". But I was so happy when leaving, for the most part it was uneventful. Kacen slept the whole time!!! And the girls didn't have me pulling my hair out by the time that we were finished. I was pleased with how well it actually turned out going shopping with three children.

Alona & her new skirt!!

Then today, it was a little more challenging. I took them to get pictures done. The photographer had a 4-year old who was throwing props at her and every time that she was positioned Alona would move out of where she was put. Abbi didn't have the slightest of what the lady was trying to do with her. She gave her a piece of candy to hold in her fists so that Abbi would keep her fist by the side of her head. It was so cute, Abbi held on to that candy with her fist just like the lady had showed her, but the lady wanted both hands in fists at the same spot. Abbi did not understand this, the photographer was very irritated and would not take the picture, I thought that it looked cute. And then once Kacen was awake, of course all he wanted to do was cry and eat. So I am going to try to take him to JCPenny's later with a coupon that I have. If Alona was that ladies child I do believe she would have been popped, Alona was so defiant, rude and mean.
The photographer at the end asked me how I do it. Having one at time you get used to each one as they come. Then while walking out to the car, I saw a woman with four children and I was thinking the same thing, How does she do it?

1 comment:

CrunchyChick said...

I can't believe how grown-up Alona is! I don't even have my one yet, so I know what you mean about wondering how other ladies do it. I am in awe that you've taken on three. All-be-it, the three cutest kids ever. But three is a big number. Props for you and making it happen!