27 November, 2006

Recent Events

This year was a first, we attended only one home for thanksgiving. Every previous year would go to 2-3 different family members homes. Every year for me since I was a small child I have gone to my grandmother' s home for thanksgiving except for when I was in foster care. This year we chose to go to Paul's mom's house. I was so glad that we went, with us there it didn't seem as sparce. Four of Paul's brothers and sisters were not there. I know that my grandma had plenty of family show up to her house! I just missed her stuffing and potatoes. Marta makes great food, her pies are awesome.

I had planned on making a pumpkin pie this year, I didn't plan very well though. It was 10:30 the night before thanksgiving and I had almost finished making the salad that I was supposed to bring and was dead tired. I knew that it would take atleast two hours to make the pie and if I wanted more than three hours of sleep I had to go to bed right then. So I went with bringing a pecan pie, one that Kelly said that he liked. Marta made a really good raspberry pie and an apple caramel pie, mmm good.
We watched CARS while we were waiting for the turkey to get done. I usually really don't like animated kids shows, but I liked this one! It was a really cute movie.
Marta is planning on going to Alaska to be with Laura on Christmas so I have been selected to get the presents for the children from her. That will be a task, Alona knows what she wants(a guitar & piggy bank)then of course there is the boots that would be nice during winter and the arts and craft things and Abbi is easy to buy for but then there is Kacen a little two month old by the time that Christmas will be here. I am going to find it difficult finding what to get him from grandma.
Before we left the girls were jumping all over Bud, and he says, am I a jungle gym? They were a bunch of wild girls, climbing and jumping all over him.

Today Paul starts two new classes and he had to wake up at 7:30 to get there. I hope that it all works out with him getting home at about midnight. Before he was going into school at 11:00. So this will be a big change. I hope he does well. He gets to see what classes that he has when he gets there.
I am worn out after a night of Kacen waking up every hour and a half. Lately he has been sleeping in three hour intervals in the night. I was getting to the point where I really didn't want to get out of bed when I would hear him an hour after laying back down.

*Laura I read your blog and saw Emily's comment that you had your baby. Good Luck! Hope to hear more from you.

No comments: