01 August, 2007

tag-a-longs




Yes, I love those kind of girl scout cookies. But the kids and I tagged along with Paul to the temple while our soon to be sister-in-law received her endowments. Explaining things to children is always fun! We dropped Paul off and then we went and got snacks and gas... nutter butters, cheetos, and sweedish fish! Not a very healthy snack I know, but we don't get to have those things very often and the kids really loved them. We then drove back to the park that we saw on the way down from the temple and went to the bathroom. This was the best part, the bathrooms had a water fountain with Cold Water. So we just had to dump out our hot water per Alona's request and put in cold, Great request! then we played teeter totter and swings, it was fun Alona was in the baby swing and it was just so amusing. They didn't have any other choices for swings. So My almost five year old with how big that she is was sitting in a little baby swing in a skirt, can you picture it! And Kacen was swinging too, ihe kept kicking his legs like there was no tomorrow and squealing from excitement. And then we played bowling in the tennis courts. Kacen wanted to take the pins and Abbi wanted to knock them over when it was any one else's turn. Then we went to the temple and sat, played with the flowers, colored and walked around the temple looking at the view and the beautiful scenery that was there. We came up to a Swimming Pool, and to their disappointment it was a man-made waterfall.
Then we went to the olive garden where the girls ate their pizza real good and my adventurous Abbi tried salad and artichoke dip! Kacen grabbed gobs of food off of my plate, like some fettucine and tomatoes, he also liked the garlic bread, he liked it so much that half of it ended up on the floor beneath my feet. And then we get home and I unload the car to find that my planner is not there which has my drivers license, debit and credit cards, etc.

1 comment:

Paul said...

it was good times says I, I really like time away from wok and school. I feel like I am part of the world again, and that I have been given a second chance each time. I am glad the children enjoyed their time with you, and with us at dinner :)