09 August, 2007

Letter of the Day




this week we have been doing an all drawn out letter of the day. the letter F, Fish! they went to a pet shop and put water into their fish bowls. We had cotton balls and dabbed them in light blue paint and then glued fish on.(They picked their fish and put them in their fish bowl)They were all different colors and were numbered too! Hopefully Abbi will catch on, ok I know she will but it will be so excited to see it when it finally happens, to have the work paying off.
Today was letter G, the hard G sound...Giraffe, gerbil. We traced the letter Gg and then wrote them all on our own. Abbi colored her G and Alona wrote her own letters, she is now practicing writing in between the lines! Then we made giraffe puppets with brown paper bags and sang giraffe songs.

GIRAFFE:

Of all the animals in the zoo,
I am the tallest. That is true.
Who am I? I am the giraffe.
I am brown and white with a little red,
And I have two knobs on the top of my head.
Who am I? I am a giraffe.
My neck is long, I am very tall,
But I don't have very much voice at all.
Who am I? I am a giraffe.
I have one big ear on each side of my head.
High up in the air is where I am fed.
Who am I? I am a giraffe.
I walk right up to the tallest tree.
And I eat the leaves that are good for me.
Who am I? I am a giraffe.


When we got home from running our errands, Abbi decided to attack! Her giraffe decided to be a monster of a Giraffe, I'm gonna bite you! She ate Kacen's hand as he was laughing hysterically. Alona was displeased that her giraffe was all crinkled but warmed up to the idea of playing ferociously.

No comments: