17 August, 2007

Cheering On

I had my mind set hat this morning we were going on the two mile walk. I woke the girls up after I had fed the baby, they got dressed and by the time that they were eating I could see that if we tried to make it in time it would be more stress than we needed. So we actually passed the ladies going the opposite direction on the way on our walk. They were already returning home. On going up every hill on our walk Alona chanted for me...you can do it, you can do it! we talked about this on the way up, mommy would need some encouragement since we weren't walking with the ladies. So that is what Alona gave me, and it worked. Even though it was pre-coached hearing her say those words kept me going. You'd have to see the hills that we do to know that, yes you need support and encouragement to muster them, especially pushing two and carrying one child.
On the way home Kacen fell asleep and so I was holding his head up with my left arm and pushing with my right arm. When we had less than half a mile left, I asked Alona to get out and walk so that it would be easier to push. When she got out, she says "Mom, I can push it for you!" And that's just what she did! She pushed it the rest of the way home!

Kacen has his stitches out now! He did great, there was just one stitch that was stubborn and took a few times of clipping it for it to come out. There should be very little scaring, Paul thinks there won't be a scar at all.

No comments: