31 July, 2007

Pioneer Extravaganza

24th of July was more than I asked for. We went to Provo's celebration that they have. The missionaries helped and did many booths and activities for children. The one that we did first walking into the park was planting wheat grass in little pots, they were able to color the pots and then the missionaries put the seeds and soil in. And then we waited in line for at least thirty minutes to sit on a 1917 Provo Fire Engine. They had plastic fire fighter hats for the kids to wear and let the parents wear a real one. There was a bell and a manual fire siren. Then we went and looked at some booths and went to the activities that the Indians had, Kacen and Abbi got war paint and Alona sketched a picture into a rock and both girls made friendship bracelets. I took a picture of Alona in the door of the tepee! And then we moved on to the bubbles, a big basin of dawn diluted in water.More dawn than they would have me think I swear. Well Kacen fell in as I previously posted and the last picture on this post is one of the best ones that I could get of his eyes. My camera had water in the lens so I had to wait a while to take a picture of him.

When we got home from the hospital the girls played outside in the rain while wearing their fire fighter hats to protect their heads! So cute.




No comments: