18 July, 2007

Learning Curve

Paul cleaned out our gross smelling garbage can, woohoo! I felt so bad for the mailman who had to come to our mailbox right above our garbage can. And he cleaned out the car, it looks so much better. He hasn't had school so far this month due to the fact that if he misses four days then he fails the class anyways and he would of missed four days after his surgery. He is still not completely pain free and has another appointment on Friday to talk about it. I am waiting for the final bill from the surgery that says the insurance has paid please submit your payment now, ten I will call them and work out a payment plan. It is odd how things work out, Paul got a raise and makes a little more each paycheck and now that will be going to his Dr bills. We have never had this much in medical bills, but this is also the most that he has ever made. It is a blessing just at the right time.

Whenever the door is open Kacen crawls straight for it. If it is the back door, he is so excited to go and play with the toys and eat things off the ground. If it is the front door, he plays around with the drain or anything else that is out there and then heads straight for the stairs, he is great at climbing up the stairs now, and one day he won't need me there to catch him. On Saturday was his first attempt to walk along something, he moved his feet twice.

We went swimming tonight, we had great fun during our family activity. We went to the Veterans Memorial Pool. Abbi didn't want to leave her daddy, she sat on his stomach or back and he moved around in the water with her on him, occasionally another one of the children would get on with her. Abbi got out with me, she was so cold. She was shivering and her lips were blue, but when she saw all of the fun that Alona and dad were having she wanted to get back in! Alona went with me down the kids slides a couple of times, she was willing to do the small slide, no problem but the one that was a little bit longer I held her and she went down with me. She was screaming that she didn't want to go, but then when we got down to the end she was laughing and happy, she really enjoyed it! Afterwards we went to the creamery, in our bathing suits! We got four different kinds of ice cream and shared them, Kacen had some too. He helped me and Abbi get ice cream on our legs! He kept pulling off Abbi's scoop of ice cream from her cone, it landed on her leg and in the grass we just put it back on the cone and everything was good as new! Abbi shared her ice cream with Paul and I but then when Alona would ask Abbi for some ice cream she would make noises at her and run away. Alona was so sad that Abbi wouldn't share, when we were ready to leave, Abbi handed me her ice cream and told me that she was all done and then Alona was able to try some. Alona had raspberry sherbet, Abbi had cookies and cream in a waffle cone, Paul had Fudge Moose tracks and I had banana fudge.

Alona learned about dinosaurs in preschool this week, when I got there to pick her up they were singing about the steg-o-saur-us! How he has bony plates on his back and they are on his tail too and when other dinosaurs come to fight they'd better get back. Or something like that, I don't remember the exact words. Alona told me, "Mom, did you know dinosaurs lived a long time ago!?" Yeah they lived 200 million years ago, "No Mom, they lived a long time ago!"

I got great kids, Abbi is a vacuum lately she is learning and remembering so much and she understands and is so improved with her speech. I love being around her.

1 comment:

Paul said...

I really enjoyed the swimming, it was great to get out. I wish the kids wanted to stay longer but I guess it wouldn't have been too much longer since they closed by the time we were leaving. I actually had chocolate fudge mousse ice cream, I wouldn't eat any ice cream with the words moose tracks in it (bad experience). I hope we can do another activity like this soon :)