16 May, 2009

showering Jesse


There were so many ladies show up that were invited from my neighborhood. Made my day seeing all of them there, after a week of calling around getting rsvp's from family members and not a single one saying they were coming, I was quite downhearted. I prayed before hand and realized that people do care, of course my neighbor is throwing me a shower with another lady. People care enough to throw me a shower!

Just being there after a few minutes, mingling with those who were there I was excited to be there, So happy! There were games, everyone had a paper plate and had to put it on top of their head and try to draw "baby Jesse" and then I had to pick the one that was closest! There were actually three pictures that had most of the body parts I wanted to pick one but picked another one that had legs, arms, a nose and eyes! It was the wife of my home teacher and he is an art teacher, I am sure he is so proud of his wife! Then the hostess read a story that had MANY left and rights in it. It was really cute and fun. And then there was a tupper-ware container of diapers and everyone had to guess how many were in the container, the winner of all those got a prize and I got to keep the tupper-ware container of diapers.
Some things given to us for Jesse:
*hand made blanket with two burp cloths
*a hooded towel with baseballs around the hood
*a hand made bibb with two matching burp cloths(hand made as well)
*diapers
*baby photo album
*winnie the pooh socks, wash cloths, hats & pj's
*hand made nursing cover
*bath supplies, lotions, soaps, cream
*wash cloths, book
*snow suit, outfits and onesies

2 comments:

Paul said...

I am so grateful for those who thought of my wife and unborn child. I believe every child is special, and their individual birth should celebrated despite how many children a family has.

Our Little Boy!

Mandy said...

I really wish I could have stayed for the party, but I'm so glad you had a good time! Please do let me know if you need anything!

:) Mandy