21 May, 2009

getting ready

I am getting ready slowly and surely. It seems to me that I get a lot done each day. But I do have super swollen feet, ankles and hands, have a huge abdomen (I was not this big around when I delivered Kacen) and move real slow, I bet without all that added to me I would move quicker and get more done.
This week a few of the things that I/ we have gotten done.
The bassinet is put together and waiting on my side of the bed. Before putting that there, my night stand was cleaned out, my box of papers were organized and cleaned up and the floor was vacuumed. Kacen's closet was organized and sorted by size, smallest to biggest. I will know where to go when I need baby clothes or Kacen's clothes.
The van (and the car) was cleaned out and the unwanted items that we had in the back of the van were sorted through and are ready to be put out for a yard sale. The kids are happy to sell their things that they don't need any more and have a little extra to do something fun.

I cleaned out and organized all of our cupboards in the kitchen. Yes our kitchen cupboards have some pretty strange things in them, but they are organized and go together. Our books that did not fit on the bookshelf were mixed in throughout all the cupboards, now have a cupboard of their own. A separate cupboard for children's things, games, cards, games, crayons, markers, paints etc. The microwave is cleaned too!

The baby bag is almost ready! Just need to put some last minute things in it, the camera, battery charger (I should put that in now!), makeup. I all ready have the baby coming home outfit (with cute hat and socks), blanket, burp cloths, diapers, hair ties, my coming home outfit, the kids shirts, phone list of who to call, list of people who are willing to help with meals to call them and have that arranged, nursing pads, small toiletries, deodorant. I need to go and get some tennis balls, hard candies, snacks for Paul to put in the bag and facial cleaner and I think I am set!

I have quite a few things still left on my to do list, Cleaning/ sanitizing baby toys is on the small list that I have. Cleaning off the end table, mopping, clean the stove, have a yard sale, write out thank you cards for the baby gifts that I have received and making freezer meals for when we may need them after the baby comes. We get to go to the zoo on Saturday and I have volunteered to be a co-leader in a mixed girl scout troop!

We went and got a digital camcorder on Wednesday, ready to record the arrival of our newborn baby when he decides to come in the next few weeks. Video can be put directly on to computer!
Also got a few other things that were missing..
Baby Blessing outfit, found cheap on ebay. I had looked a lot of places and the consensus was the same at almost every place $43! I found one for $18. Alona got her own blessing outfit from her grandma, Abbi had a dress from when I was little and Kacen's was from his dad when his dad was blessed. So it seemed only right that Jesse would have his own.

The kids all have their own big brother, big sister and lil brother since 2009 shirts/ onesie personalized wit their names on them. I thought that would be a cute gift for them to get when their baby brother comes. Pictures of those upon the little ones arrival!

With my birthday/ baby money that i received I got this, a moby wrap. I hope that it will be as easy to use as everyone claims that it is. And that I actually use it, I am a very simple person.

Some things that would still be nice,
I have been eyeing these wooden letters. Of course if I got it it would say Jesse, but this is the font that i like and these are the colors that I would pick. Order-able off of ebay. Just thought that it would be cute for him.
To be prepared I still need to get some diapers. A bottle brush would be nice. Eventually some more sippy cups and I like this too...
But yeah all that that we haven't gotten, besides the diapers, is just wishful thinking!

1 comment:

Paul said...

hehe, so much preparation for such a tiny person :p