15 May, 2009

I heart traffic jams and drive through convenient stores

I get really sleepy driving lately. I have to catch myself from falling asleep going fast on the freeway, not a good thing. I was very sleepy 1/2 way to my uncles wedding today. So at about Centerville everyone was hitting their brakes and then bam we were at a dead stop. And voila I was wide awake. Thank you traffic jam and rubber neckers! There was a crash, about ten cop cars an ambulance and a fire truck but the people in all the other lanes had no reason for going two miles an hour on the freeway and blocking traffic for a thirty minute stretch. But I am so grateful thet they all wanted to look. It woke me up!!

On the way home I am always afraid that I will be as sleepy as I was going there. So I wanted to grab a drink and on the way to the freeway there was a convenient store with a drive up window!! No getting the kids out of the car, wrestling with them as I got a drink or them grabbing everything off of the shelves and my eight month pregnant self running after a two year that knows his mommy can not keep up with him. Nope I just had to wait behind two cars, for less than five minutes. Stay in my seat, no need to unbuckle the children! Tell them what I wanted and I was off!! While getting the children a small pink lemonade of course and helping them to share before heading home!!

1 comment:

Paul said...

yay for the awesome drive up. I have to say I wish all those who choose to "rubber neck" should receive constant electric shock until the realize they are driving on a high traffic, high speed road and could be killed for their poor choice to slow down and try to "see the sites" by a car that is driving as it should be behind them. BOO to the "rubber necking"!!!