01 May, 2007

Seems like a Family Reunion

~We saw Laura Friday and Sunday. Spaghetti at Val and Ruth's on Friday and burgers at Marta's on Sunday. Food was good all around. So weird, different seeing Laura. Nice to have Kellie be much more realistic. She is a real, cryin, screamin baby of which coos to her uncle Paul!

~We go to the zoo tomorrow, with Laura and Ruth and the girls daddy! Much to see that we haven't seen this year. The Asian Highlands, looks fantastic can't wait to go and see up close. I wonder if the girls will love the butterfly house and the bird show?? I heard Grease Music playing for that! And I hope to let them play at the play ground. Alona wanted to see the snakes and turtles, her dad will love showing her the reptile building.

~Andy comes home Saturday!!! We got his last email today, Doesn't seem like two years, but then I look at my children and just go, WOW! It will be nice to see him. So hard to think that we are all growing up. Paul's brothers and sisters were almost all teenagers before Andy left on his mission, now their is just one left at home.

~Because Alona's preschool is done by the Provo Early Education Program they can set their own rules. Their new rule I am at odds with, When a child turns five years old they can no longer be enrolled in their program. Alona will be 5 this September, but then she will have another year before she will be able to go to Kindergarten. I would love for her to have that preparation right before she goes to Elementary School. I love that preschool gives her the attention that I find it hard to give her because I have two other children who are not at her level.

~Paul got Kacen asleep last night, by pushing him in his swing. I went out to get a movie, came back and my little guy was slumped over in his seat sound asleep. But I wanted to feed him, though I do really dislike that he loves to fall asleep while nursing.

~We watched The third Work and the Glory movie, I didn't think that it was as good as the first two movies. I am not so sure about buying it. Though I would still love to read the six book series.

~The girls got to go on a bus today for the first time. Not no UTA or school bus. It was a charter bus! With bathrooms, music, televisions, cushy seats and foot rests! I was so glad for the bathrooms, a bus won't exactly pull over to the side of the road whenever you ask them to!

2 comments:

CrunchyChick said...

Where did you go on the bus?

Staci said...

Fun to see Laura and baby Kellie, Lucky!!

I miss the zoo. Have fun!

I can't believe it's been two years already! No joke, Martin just asked me the other day when he was coming home. Crazy!

My birthday is in September too so I was almost 6 when I started school. That sucks about the new rule!

Nice to get away for a bit, even to just run to the video store.

I watched the first WatG movie. It was ok. I've read 5 of the books. I think there are actually 9 in the entire series. I could be wrong though.

Where did you go on the bus? Sounds fun though.