15 May, 2007

Love is Spoken Here

It was a great birthday! Paul went to the store with the girls and got balloons and came home and blew them up. They really enjoyed decorating the walls and the ceiling with them. Then we sang happy birthday, had a little cake and ice cream and opened presents and fed Kacen before I left. Every time that Abbi sings Happy Birthday, she says, Happy Birthday to...Abbi! She wasn't so convinced that it was mom's birthday! Alona picked out the birthday card, it had two bunnies on the front. Paul and the girls gave me three books, Twilight, New Moon and I am a Mother along with a pastry blender and a cheese grater. Paul's mom gave me The first volume of the work and the Glory Books and the third movie. Also a framed saying for mother's day and from Val and Ruth a framed picture of Kacen and a gift certificate to Deseret Book.

Me and Paul went on our first date since his birthday last year. I missed my little boy and had a very hard time being without him for about the first twenty minutes, but then I was able to enjoy the time that I had with Paul. We went to Big 5 and we got roller blades and then went to Provo River Parkway trail to go roller blading, Paul had gotten his roller blades at Wal-Mart. His blades gave him horrible blisters, we had to turn back to the car, it was fun while it lasted. The roller blades that I had were so comfortable and soo fast! I was scared to go down hill. Some pads would be a good investment.
Then we went to Los Hermanos for dinner. That is the greatest Mexican food! Warm tortilla chips that weren't dry or too greasy and homemade salsa to go with it. I ordered a chimichanga, I didn't like chimi's when I worked at Taco Time, they were too greasy, not this place! MMM delicious! Paul got the smothered burrito and he really seemed to enjoy it. They came and sang Happy Birthday to me and gave me some fried ice cream, I had never before tasted fried ice cream and to tell you the truth I have been afraid to, but it actually is quite good though I could have done without the coconut.
The title of this post is the words that came on the frame from Marta, when I read that I think of the song that it goes to. "I see my Mother kneeling, with our family each day, I hear the words she whispers as she bows her head to pray, her plea to the Father quiets all my fears and I am thankful, Love is Spoken here!" I only hope I can live up to that and that my children can feel that way about me. On a day like today its hard to imagine, Kacen didn't sleep much at all last night and then today did not take much more than a thirty minute nap, I was a bit irritated. I love my children, it is really hard to let go and know that Alona doesn't need instruction every minute. She is a big girl now and can choose the right and make her own decisions!

I've walked 12 miles in the past eight days. Two miles a day every week day, I take all three kids with me in the double stroller and go up and down some pretty awesome hills. Alona wants swimming lessons this summer instead of preschool so we will see how that goes!

3 comments:

Staci said...

Happy Birthday!! That's cool that you got to go out alone with Paul. Sorry you had a rough day today though. Congrats on walking the 12 miles that's pretty much amazing!

Emily Kate said...

You got Twilight for your birthday! YAY! Let me know how you like it! (And don't tell Laura...that's what I got her for her birthday! Hope she doesn't read this, haha!)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!