24 June, 2011

Being seen

I hate making appointments to go to the doctor. I hate spending the money for the co-pay, and I hate going in thinking hey, maybe nothing is really wrong with me and I will just be wasting my time and money. I go in thinking maybe if I just had waited it out longer, it would have gotten better. I have had vertigo for the past three days, the room is moving, I am dizzy, almost fall over, have fell over once actually. I keep thinking maybe I am causing myself to be this way, but its just not going away.

I have an appointment scheduled for about a week and a half out for something totally unrelated, and I thought hey, I'll just combine going for that and going in for the vertigo at the same time, it will save time and money. But what do ya know, they only have same day appointments for patients with acute illnesses. So they will see me for the vertigo, but will not combine appointments for the other thing that I will be seen for. Darn it all!

I am the kind of person that if things don't go as i was trying to have it go, i get irritated, so i hung up on the receptionist at the first clinic that I called. The second clinic that I called, was adamant at first, but being the persistent person that I am,she eventually conceded to letting me do both appointments at once, but I felt bad for being pushy, so I told her I would call around and see if anyone else would take me for both today, and if not then I would call back for the appointment that was on Monday. But I didn't want to bother her, so I decided to give up and call the other clinic that is close to us and schedule an appointment just for the vertigo.

I guess I will be going back in two weeks and just be being seen for the vertigo today, hopefully I am not going in for nothing today...

June 27th:
Well it turns out that the vertigo aka inner ear infection is able to have antibiotics to help clear out the ears and help that all clear up and then they gave me some nausea meds that I probably wont be taking again. knocked me right out, no matter how hard I tried to stay awake. The vertigo is almost gone, but now I have daily migraines that are worse with motion and noise and now my stomach is uneasy and I have lost my appetite. Hopefully I start to get better soon :)

No comments: