04 July, 2011

Happy Fourth!



Woke up before 6 am, got all the kids up, dressed, into the van and headed out to Provo for their annual Freedom Festival Hot Air Balloons.



Those are some hot flames even when you are 20 feet away. I cant imagine how toasty it would be to ride in the basket.

We were on the wrong side of the Piggy Balloon, as you can see. And were leaving as
Darth Vader was getting put up.

The kids had a great time, we even ran in to friends that live around the block from us. The weather was kinda questionable, with all the storm clouds out. So to appease the Huge crowd, the balloons were filled and tethered in the air so we could at least see them lift off, without actually taking off.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

I'm amazed you ran into someone you knew, I couldn't find my mom or grandma or brother and his family, and though the girls and I walked over to the balloons with my aunt & uncle, once we stopped and they kept going, we didn't see them again until back at their house!

I love that picture of Jesse on the table with the watermelon that's almost as big as him!