21 June, 2011

It hit me

Marta called me today(not a rare occasion), it came up in the phone call about her leaving. Today was her last day really living in Utah, she is heading out to stay in Colorado for about a week, then coming back to get another load of her stuff and staying with us for a few days before heading back out to Georgia to live. It took me putting all the kids to bed, being all alone and and feeling lonely to have it really get to me.
I started thinking about the kids birthdays, holidays, children's events and how the stalwart attendee wouldn't be here anymore. How this amazing lady who has practically been my mother for the past twelve years would be living in a different state, across the country and the tears could not be held in, an overwhelming feel of heaviness started to rush from my chest to my head and they just escaped. Im really going to miss her

No comments: